Suggested ranking for restaurants

Your questions and comment on restaurants and dining out
DavidKram
myTobago Enthusiast
myTobago Enthusiast

Suggested ranking for restaurants

Post by DavidKram »

We will be in Tobago this winter for our first time, We will be staying on the Bon Accord area.

I have researched a number of the restaurants within a 20-30 minute drive and have whittled our preferred list down to the following choices.

Since we will not have time to eat at all of these, can anyone recommend a ranking for these?

We love seafood, but more importantly we like the food to reflect the local influence.

The food is the most important, but we also love a place that has nice ambiance be it a nice view or a quaint setting.

Art Cafe
Azucar
Bamboo Mile
Cafe Coco
El Pescador
Fish Pot
King's Bay Cafe
Marcias Restaurant
Salsa Kitchen Tapas
Seahorse Inn
Thank you,
David
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Re: Suggested ranking for restaurants

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hello David

Welcome Aboard. :)

A lot can happen between now and next winter, so keep your mind open and an eye on our listings and this forum. Our Reader Satisfaction Rating (RSR) rankings are already giving you a ranking and are probably a far more accurate guide to most people's feelings about each establishment than the individual views of myself and/or anyone else who contributes to this forum. Don't just take the RSR headline rating at face value - hold your mouse over the RSR icon and note the number of votes; clearly the higher the number of votes, the more useful the guideline is likely to be.

Just one point: as excellent as the King's Bay Cafe is, it is well above your 20-30 minute drive radius.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Hugh S
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Post by Hugh S »

I hope you will report back with your findings. Happy dining!

Hugh 8)
DavidKram
myTobago Enthusiast
myTobago Enthusiast

Post by DavidKram »

I sure will report back after I get back from the trip. On other forums, I try to provide some details and context for the comments. Look for me as “Looneyman” on some other forums.

I have looked at the RSRs and those were what partly made up my narrowed list. Other comments on this forum and other places also played a part.

However, I was hoping that people who have been to a few of the above could help narrow my choices just like if they were on the island and could only pick say their top 3 or 4 places to dine in that part of the island.
Thank you,
David
David Watkins
Bude Cool Boy
Bude Cool Boy

Post by David Watkins »

The Fish Pot without a doubt
David :D
Ronald
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by Ronald »

Cafe Coco is a very nice place, the service is good and their food is very good. The price for some dishes is even cheaper compared with other local restaurants in the Crown Point area.

The Bamboo Mile on the mainroad between Bon Accord and Crown Point, on the way to Crown Point, is also a place I like, a small place and I have never got a bad fish there.
Gianna
myTobago Groupie
myTobago Groupie

Post by Gianna »

I am a big fan of Coco Cafe. The ambiance is nice, food is pretty good and the music is awesome. It's a large restaurant so it's never crowded. I go there every time I visit the island.
Robert T
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by Robert T »

Hi David,

Besides the ones being lined up we can recommend Arepas in Bucco if you're after a fantastic, filling breakfast. Also if you wanna take a little break from the local stuff you gotta visit La Cantina on your way down to P Point. Absolutely amazing Italian food we're talking about.

Robert
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Robert - 'fraid that Arepas has now closed. :(
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
DavidKram
myTobago Enthusiast
myTobago Enthusiast

Post by DavidKram »

Thanks for the suggstions and comments. Well, we are back from our first trip to the island and I thought I would rank our own findings of the places we dined.

I have detailed comments in the dining forum about each place we ate.

Below is our ranking - from best to "least best":

Dinner:
La Tartaruga
Salsa Kitchen
Fish Pot
El Pescador
Bamboo Mile
Café Coco

Lunch:
Kings Bay Café
Trinbago Curry House
Marguarite's
Pizza Squares
Thank you,
David
Chris Runciman
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by Chris Runciman »

I can add to the list....
The best pizza is at Ciao cafe in Scarborough at the moment! The chef is from Naples where it was 'invented'! He brings in the 'OOO' flour and mozerella from Italy so his Caprese salad is very good. Even has draft Stag to wash it down or a chilled glass of Pinot Grigio..........An 'oasis' after a hot morning in Scaroborough!
Sunshine Cafe at the T junction left to Bloody Bay or right to go over the top to Roxborough , HUGE local shrimp! Sharon's ( Boathouse Castara ) Thai squid in coconut milk and lemongrass, goat curry, fresh lobster from the bay amongst other dishes, brilliant. Almost too much to eat I
For ambiance, Cascreole is hard to beat and Debbie Taylor is a fine chef with a good variety of different vegetable dishes.

Return to “Restaurants, Food & Drink”