Guest Report

12 bedroom cosy hotel in Lowlands. *** NOW CLOSED ***
Madelynn Waldron

Guest Report

Post by Madelynn Waldron »

My husband and I stayed at the 'hotel' for two nights. I think that it should not be called a hotel but a guesthouse.
If you are ok with having the BARE minimum its great. The room was ok but I did not like the bathroom as the way its made caused water to spill all over the floor when bathing. We made the reservation and when I went to check in I was told that there was a $300 caution fe. I wish they told me this when I made the reservation so I would have had the money on hand. Thankfully it was taken out of my credit card, eventually.
I had to upgrade to another room as the room I was put in initially did not have a fridge-again something that I was not aware of when making the reservation.
The staff are friendly for the most part, but I had difficulty with some due to language barriers.
Although I am from Tobago I live in Trinidad, and was there for a wedding. I asked for an iron and ironing board, and ended up ironing on a table in the room (the standard rooms do not have a table btw) as either they dont have iroining boards or they did not understand what I was asking for.
The floors are not carpeted, and the bathroom that I was upgraded to was in need of bleach and a scrubbing.
Apart from all that its ok for a guesthouse. This is not a hotel in my opinion.

Patrick Dankou
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Re: Guest Report

Post by Patrick Dankou »

Dear Madelynn,

I would like to apologize in the name off all of us here at Bamboo Walk if we did not manage to make your stay an enjoyable one. We are definitely a 2 star hotel except when it comes to our room rates, which are indeed on a guest house level. It would have been nice if you had brought your dissatisfaction to my attention while you were here.
I have spoken to the staff and they informed me that you had made your reservation a few hours before you arrived at the hotel around 10:30 pm. We only had standard rooms available on your day of arrival and therefore could not offer you a room with a fridge . All our rooms have a table and 2 chairs inside, however the superior rooms have an additional table and a hammock on the patio. Even though our staff are not native english speakers we never had any communication problems with our guests, again it would have been nice if you had asked for a manager in order to iron out any issues. I must say that I have a problem with carpets in the Caribbean, especially during the wet season. Even the new Hyatt in Port of Spain does not have carpeted guest rooms. Rest assured that our bathrooms are cleaned properly every single day, you might have mistaken the dark grout between the tiles for dirt. I have been advised that people prefer white grout, so we are in the process of changing the color of the grout in all bathrooms. We hope that your friends that recommended us to you and are still at the hotel have a better experience and hope to be able to meet your expectations if you should decide to visit us in the future.
Best regards

Patrick Dankou

General Manager
Patrick Dankou
Yes Tourism - http://www.Yes-Tourism.com

Return to “Bamboo Walk Hotel”