Guest Report

12 bedroom cosy hotel in Lowlands. *** NOW CLOSED ***
Brendan

Guest Report

Post by Brendan »

Just returned from the Easter weekend spending 4 nights at the hotel. I think most other hotels in Tobago can learn from bamboo walks staff, very friendly and eager to help. The food was good and the room clean and well kept. In a previous report there was mention of staff having their quarters behind some rooms, those are rooms 8 and 9, we stayed in one of those but the staff were never loud and the rooms are rather sound proof so we only noticed them in the morning when we opened the door to go for breakfast. The garden was a bit brown with some leaves due to the current drought but thankfully the hotel had no water shortage unlike Trinidad. Nevertheless it was still pleasant to look at with still flowering hibiscus in front our room.

The mall is a decent 15-20min walk away but thankfully there is a traffic light to cross the highway in front of it. The beach at coconut bay is a 10 min slow walk down the road and was a welcome getaway, despite the holiday weekend it was mostly empty and there were no hagglers unlike store bay. There was no grocery in walking distance but there was what Trinidadians would call a "parlor" with enough odd snacks and regular items one would need.

I should mention the Yes tourism tours, while the guides knowledge of the island seemed mostly text book he made an excellent bird watching guide, I plan on returning with a longer lens and taking more tours, just driving around the island on your own you will still miss alot.

Return to “Bamboo Walk Hotel”