Guest Report

3 apartments in Bon Accord (listing)
David

Guest Report

Post by David »

My girlfriend and I just stayed there for 7 nights. As others have stated, it's a nice, clean, and basic apartment that's about a 25 min (warm) walk from the airport and about a 30 minute walk to the closest beach but there is a bicycle rental place (60TT/day?) between the airport and Dimples. Claire and Dimples are good hosts, they let you have your space but are willing to stay and chat if you'd like. Joseph and Jacob, the young boys, are fun to have around and they provided cheap entertainment. :)

The air conditioner works great and is needed in the middle of the day. The one negative (in our opinion, others may be used to it) that is totally and completely NOT under the control of Claire or Dimples, is the party that the goats, roosters, dogs, and birds have in the early morning hours. Bring earplugs as this was a nightly ritual. Although I think if you stay anywhere in Crown Point, you'll run into this.

Although the family lives above the apartments, we did not hear them above us when we went to sleep.

One side note: We found a wonderful Roti shop shop nearby, Lena's Roti and Pastry Shop. If you take the back road (Store Bay Branch Road) left to the main road (Claude Noel Highway) and take your second right (don't know the name), you will see a sign soon and it's on the right. Lena is incredibly cute and generous, and makes some of the island's best Roti's, highly recommended!

Dimples is a good value and I would recommend it to anyone staying in the Crown Point area.

Return to “Dimple's Apartments”