Questions and comment outside the scope of the above topic groups
Andy K
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Re: Have a waffle with Carol

Post by Andy K »

Paul,

5 years could be boring without elections in between :mrgreen:

We are presently enjoying the full bandwidth of political madness in the last lap of general elections in T&T
(May 24th).
One could laugh plenty if it wasn't so sad ....
Paul Tallet
Weather Guru

Post by Paul Tallet »

I have just read through all 31 pages of the UK Government Coalition Waffle and there is nothing in it about Tobago :roll:

What is the world coming to? :mrgreen:

Regards
Paul Tallet
Public Relations Consultant for Mother Nature
SandraK
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by SandraK »

Dear Pete
Think you need to get out more !
Paul Tallet
Weather Guru

Post by Paul Tallet »

Sandra ... give me a chance ... I haven't been released into the community yet :mrgreen:

Regards
Paul Tallet
SandraK
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by SandraK »

Dear Pete
So which of the 27 new quangos are you in ?
Andy K
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Post by Andy K »

Paul Tallet wrote:I have just read through all 31 pages of the UK Government Coalition Waffle and there is nothing in it about Tobago :roll:

What is the world coming to? :mrgreen:

Regards
Well, Paul, that happens once a country gives up it's colonies :mrgreen:
SandraK
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by SandraK »

Actually thought would rather be here than Tobago the last few days. Blasphemy I know ! Garden has suddenly sprung to life, sitting on the deck this morning watching the swans, cup of tea and a couple of early strawberries to savour - life is good !!

So, what is everyone else up to ?
Paul Tallet
Weather Guru

Post by Paul Tallet »

Same here Sandra ... my garden is positively leaping with life ... 2 ducks, but no strawberries ... so I just sit here and watch :mrgreen:

Regards
Paul Tallet
Andy K
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Post by Andy K »

Paul,

if you don't have strawberries, you may very well shoot and eat the ducks instead.
They would make a proper meal :mrgreen:
Paul Tallet
Weather Guru

Post by Paul Tallet »

Shooting the strawberries and chasing the ducks looks like a good challenge :mrgreen:

Regards
Paul Tallet
Carol Townsend
Queen of Waffle
Queen of Waffle

Post by Carol Townsend »

I wouldn't recommend it. The strawberries would make an awful mess and the ducks may turn around and chase you..

I've just realised I have no idea who my new MP is, or is the still the old one? Nor do I know who won the London council election;, nor who my new councillors are; nor whether the Meaning of Life really is 42; nor why this brand new, super-duper laptop of My Very Own insists on using American spelling every time I use the 'net or write emails and keeps telling me that councillors should have one 'l'. It's two, innit?

Now, about those ducks...
My book about Tobago:'Caribbean Capers and Tropical Tantrums' is available on Amazon and my new book 'Who Stole Nan's Knickers?' is on http://stores.lulu.com/store.php?fAcctID=3213879
Carol Townsend
Queen of Waffle
Queen of Waffle

Post by Carol Townsend »

Ah! Had a quick google and no change on either front. Now I can go back onto my box.

By the way, you have to be so careful these days. I typed in "M" for My Tobago and it gave some helpful suggestions, including one that doesn't belong on the laptop of a respectable lady like me. :shock:

Oh yes, and my daughter's description of the House of Commons TV broadcasts: "those nodding people in that room."
My book about Tobago:'Caribbean Capers and Tropical Tantrums' is available on Amazon and my new book 'Who Stole Nan's Knickers?' is on http://stores.lulu.com/store.php?fAcctID=3213879
Tony G
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by Tony G »

Ha! Just when I think that I'm not here. I am. If you know what I mean. No, I have suspected for a long time that the number 42 was a cosmic joke played on the world by Douglas Adams, a bit like the one played by Moses when he told everybody that God spoke to him from a burning bush. My MP is still the same silly old fool, voted back in by a whole unch of other silly old fools. Am awaiting the imminent arrival of the RSPCA home visitor to check out whether Janette and I are fit and proper people to adopt two 9 week-old tabby toms. She'd better say yes 'cos Janette has already bought all the necessary stuff that kittens require. Door bell...
Andy K
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Post by Andy K »

My MP is still the same lazy, arrogant bitch from the years before, voted in by i don't know who and why, but this time she fortunately ended up on the opposition bench :mrgreen:

Tony, kittens ?
Provided you get the approval from SPCA, i strongly advise to do the following steps:

- Remove all curtains immediately for the next 6 month.
- Install a post, wrapped with thick rope, preferrably next to a cupboard. Place a basket with a pillow or blanket
inside on top the cupboard.

If you need advice how to convince your kittens to use the climing post to climb instead of your curtains,
and the same post instead of your furniture, doorframes and wall papers to maintain their claws , feel free to ask me.
I got plenty experience in "not to allow my cats to get the better of me" :mrgreen:

As we come closer to lunch time, i think of Paul's ducks... somebody should curry them 8-[
David Watkins
Bude Cool Boy
Bude Cool Boy

Post by David Watkins »

or d'cats
SandraK
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by SandraK »

Have to disagree re. cats - they do exactly what they want. No amount of toys/distractions make any difference whatsoever. Live and learn from cats !

We too have the same MP returned - first time in my life voted tactically not a blind bit of difference. Like the idea of sacking him though !!
Andy K
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Post by Andy K »

Well yes Sandra, but you CAN train a cat not to do certain things which you may consider
a nuissance once you show them an alternative which is more fun or works out easier 8)
SandraK
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by SandraK »

Andy
No, sorry, you CANNOT train a cat. If it adopts a behaviour which appeals to you it ain't training it's the cat deciding.
Paul Tallet
Weather Guru

Post by Paul Tallet »

You can't train ducks either ... even more difficult than cats ... I hope this helps :mrgreen:

Regards
Paul Tallet
Carol Townsend
Queen of Waffle
Queen of Waffle

Post by Carol Townsend »

So, Tony.....well? Did you both pass muster? Are you suitable members of Humanity to take on the moggies?

Return to “General Questions & Comment”