Have a waffle with Carol

Questions and comment outside the scope of the above topic groups
JohnGW
myTobago Groupie
myTobago Groupie

Re: Have a waffle with Carol

Post by JohnGW »

My 48th on Monday and we'll be doing a road trip around the island, seeing some waterfalls and some nature trails, lunch at Gemma's but not sure where to go for a meal in the evening .... If we've got the energy! Any suggestions?
Phil Bondie
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Phil Bondie »

Hi John, If you are heading back down the island on the Windward road I would stop at the Kings Bay Cafe. It is a little ways past the turn off to Kings Bay beach. I usually eat there 2 or 3 times a week while I am in Tobago. Check on your way up to make sure it's open. Phil
Carol Townsend
Queen of Waffle
Queen of Waffle

Post by Carol Townsend »

Hey there folks, and a HNY to you all!

I can’t believe it’s a whole year since I was here, for which I apologise. I became involved with other stuff, came up for air, blinked, and whoosh, it’s 2012 already.

Something in the murky depths of my subconscious ( or should that be the depths of my murky subconscious) has prompted me to pop in, and this is what I have to say:

It’s over four years since I went to Tobago, and I don’t know if I’ll ever return, but I want to say that that little island, this website, and the people here on this forum have made a not inconsiderable impact on my life.

First, in a minor, mundane way, the site helped me to learn how to use the internet, and from there, I’ve expanded my knowledge of computers, though most of it is still gobbledegook to me.

Then, “talking” to the lovely people on this forum before I had even gone to Tobago awakened my long-slumbering love of writing that I'd had in my school days; brought to further life by my urge to relate my experiences there, which in turn led me to waffle on about anything and everything, eventually leading me to write and self-publish two books. Some of you were kind enough to buy them, for which I’ll always be grateful. I joined a writers’ forum, where I met a lovely lady in the US who has become a very dear friend, and this summer, having only met her briefly in London for a few hours and spoken to her on the phone once, I flew across the Atlantic for the second time in my life ( only this time all on my own!) to spend two wonderful weeks with her in her home in Utah. How about that!

I still write away, trying to get pieces into magazines. I was born to write, but don’t know if I’ll ever have any success, but it doesn’t matter; I write for the love of it.

I remember my Tobagonian adventure as vividly as if it were yesterday, and even though I may never return there or come on here as much as I did once upon a time, I’ll never forget that it all began with my husband coming home one dark evening in January 2007 and saying: “Someone at work has offered us the use of his holiday home...”

It all began with Tobago....
My book about Tobago:'Caribbean Capers and Tropical Tantrums' is available on Amazon and my new book 'Who Stole Nan's Knickers?' is on http://stores.lulu.com/store.php?fAcctID=3213879
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Welcome back Carol. Without wishing to embarrass you, let me confirm what I said to you in our private exchange this morning - we have really missed you. Waffle away! :D
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Carol Townsend
Queen of Waffle
Queen of Waffle

Post by Carol Townsend »

Embarrass away Steve... 8)
My book about Tobago:'Caribbean Capers and Tropical Tantrums' is available on Amazon and my new book 'Who Stole Nan's Knickers?' is on http://stores.lulu.com/store.php?fAcctID=3213879
Paul Tallet
Weather Guru

Post by Paul Tallet »

First it's the David ... now it's the Waffle ... welcome back Your Majesty :mrgreen:

Regards
Paul Tallet
Public Relations Consultant for Mother Nature
Carol Townsend
Queen of Waffle
Queen of Waffle

Post by Carol Townsend »

Thank-you my good and loyal subject!

By the way, I need an update: Steph and Brian - how's the littl'un? He must be what, two, three, now?
Tony G
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by Tony G »

Hi Sis

My how time flies!
Wishing a happy new year to all wafflers and lovers of Tobago from the old hippies on the Isle Of Wight.

Tony and Janette
XXX
David Watkins
Bude Cool Boy
Bude Cool Boy

Post by David Watkins »

Hey hey Noe nice too read you again love
David :D :D :D
Carol Townsend
Queen of Waffle
Queen of Waffle

Post by Carol Townsend »

Thanks for your warm "welcome back" all! :D

I can't promise to be around much, but I felt that I had to let you all know that I haven't forgotten you, and what warm and friendly people you are. It's like a family here isn't it, and as I said, this forum opened up another world to me.

Take care and much love,
Carol
xxx

Return to “General Questions & Comment”