5 weeks in Tobago.. Where to Stay?

Questions or comments should be posted in the property's own sub-forum, below. Use this sub-forum for general accommodation questions and comment. Please DO NOT post accommodation reports in the forum. Reports should be posted in the property's listing in the Accommodation section of the main site, where you will also be able to include a Satisfaction rating with your report.
Robyn Little

5 weeks in Tobago.. Where to Stay?

Post by Robyn Little »

Hello!!! My name is Robyn and I live in Ontario. Very soon I am coming to Tobago and I will need to find a place to stay for 5 weeks. My friend and I need a place for 5 weeks and are hoping to find a place around Crown Point. We need to know costs, contacts, location, phone numbers and addresses of any places that you may have been or can recommend. We are open to any type of accomodation (hotel, villa, B&B, etc...) We are very easy going and are looking to make the most out of our trip (Golf, beach life, and just taking in all Tobago has to offer). We are leaving very soon, so any help or suggestions that you may have would be so greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance and I just want to say... yippee!!!!!!!!!!! I am coming to Tobago!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Robyn

I have absolutely no wish to dampen your enthusiasm, but we've already seen your questions in other threads. Your question is too wide. Start by going through our accommodation listings. We list over 250 accommodation properties on the island - every one that we know or have been notified about. Are you looking to pay US$35 per night or US$2000 per night? Once you've established more specific requirements, I'm sure we will all be delighted to offer suggestions or comment. It's also important to post questions in the correct forum.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Robyn Little

Post by Robyn Little »

Thanks for your suggestions Steve! Actually I am looking to find a place for approx $40 CDN per night!!!!! Thank you to all who have any suggestions.
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Robyn

Sorry, but this is a difficult one for us. You are at the real budget end of the accommodation stakes and the sort of establishments offering rates of US$30 per night seldom take advantage of, or use, the Internet. Neither do they bother to inform us about themselves, so I admit that our accommodation listings are sadly lacking with this type of accommodation. Its probably not going to be a great help, but check our listings for those without websites/email addresses and where we comment "no information available" - these could well be in your budget. There are tons of cheap boarding houses near the airport. The tourist information office opposite the airport terminal is your best bet.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Robyn Little

Post by Robyn Little »

Thank you Steve for your reply. My friend and I will take you up on your suggestions and would be happy to hear from anyone who has utilized or has further information on inexpensive accomodation. I do realize that $30 US is not much to want to spend per night, but since we will be there for 5.5 weeks we are really hoping we will find a flat rate or some place that will offer us a deal based on longer occupancy. Thank you again for your suggestion.
Regards,
Robyn
N Muir

Post by N Muir »

Hi Robyn

Have you left for tobago yet? If not then .... the area your talking about is the best area for ease of access and although tobago is not over run by tourists, this is where youll find most tourist services. your best option is to rent an apartment on a monthly basis. a decent one with air con and all amenities you need, fridge cooker pots and pans etc... will run you around $400 - $500 canadian per month. there are lots of them within five minutes walking of the beaches. Another option is to stay in similatr accommodation in the black rock or mt irvine/buccoo area however if you do not have transport getting across the island can be slow and youll need patience. My advice to you is stay in a small hotel your fist night, Johnstons, doris, or spence for example... then loook around the store bay local road area.for an apartment (there are several on the side streets) you can also ask in pancake house or There is a german man called deiter who runs a bed and breakfast called cordia house down the street opposite pancake house. if your game and really want to get away then head for charlotteville and stay up there. you can find lodging for around $15 us per night

for activities there is a lot to do, hiking,horseriding,waterfalls,windsurfing, scuba diving, snorkelling, seakayaking and plenty of quiet beaches for just relaxing. Tobago is a quiet island compared to those further north so dont expect too too much night life as its not a party island.

Return to “General Accommodation”