villa/self cateringsuggestions for a mixed group

Questions or comments should be posted in the property's own sub-forum, below. Use this sub-forum for general accommodation questions and comment. Please DO NOT post accommodation reports in the forum. Reports should be posted in the property's listing in the Accommodation section of the main site, where you will also be able to include a Satisfaction rating with your report.
Cathy Bratty

villa/self cateringsuggestions for a mixed group

Post by Cathy Bratty »

I would like some advice on where to stay for 1 week on Tobago. We are a group of 5 with 2 who are in their mid 70s. We liked the look of grange cottage but I was concerned that the owner advised me on the phone that there was a crime problem because of the isolation of the cottage.
We would like a place by the sea with 3 bedrooms and self catering. The 3 younger adults are keen to do a bit of hiking in the jungle but also scuba diving.
We are open to suggestions anywhere on the Island but would rather not stay in hotels. I suppose a guesthouse may be another option
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Cathy

Welcome aboard!

That was remarkably honest of the owner. Yes, it is true that Grange Cottage was the venue of a vicious attack early last year. As with all budget properties, it’s hardly reasonable to expect the owners to have high security, either in terms of a secure perimeter, gates, or staff manning. This is going to be much the same for any property in that price bracket.

I can only suggest that you wade through our Accommodation listings and try to find something that takes your fancy. Remember also that nowhere is inherently unsafe on Tobago. Yes, there were a spate of crimes earlier this year in the Mount Irvine-Courland area, but the culprits of those crimes have been apprehended and things are very much quieter, with a massive (in relative terms) police presence having been drafted in from Trinidad.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago

Return to “General Accommodation”