Suitable Villa

Questions or comments should be posted in the property's own sub-forum, below. Use this sub-forum for general accommodation questions and comment. Please DO NOT post accommodation reports in the forum. Reports should be posted in the property's listing in the Accommodation section of the main site, where you will also be able to include a Satisfaction rating with your report.
Angela Ward

Suitable Villa

Post by Angela Ward »

Hi

As a new recruit to myTobago I've found your website extremely informative. I'm also looking forward to my first holiday in Tobago next month. Myself, my partner and two friends were looking to rent a villa in the Mt Irvine region but having read some previous comments - we are not sure now. Where is the best region for renting villas or should be looking more towards hotel accommodation for safety and and security?

My partner and I have travelled fairly extensively throughout the Caribbean and not had any problems before - but we don't want to start now!!
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Angela

Welcome aboard!

Sorry for moving your post, but you probably won't get answers about accommodation in the Health & Security sub-forum.

Most of the villas on Tobago are in the Mount Irvine, so it is ridiculous to blacklist that area becuase of a couple of isolated incidents. The incidence of crime is no worse than in most Caribbean islands and considerably less than Nottingham, with respect (as I know from my son, who lives there. Please don't let these few reports get the matter out of perspective. I wouldn't hesitate to stay in the Mount Irvine area - in fact I am currently arranging our 2-month trip next January/February and we SHALL be staying in at least two villas in that area.

In the meantime, I can only suggest wading through our Accommodation section and looking for properties that take you fancy and fit your pocket.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Terry Gilbert

Villa in Mt Irvine area

Post by Terry Gilbert »

Hi

Myself and my partner and 12 year old daughter are going to Tobago for our first trip - on 16th september for a week. We are staying in Villa Teak at Mt Irvine http://www.tobagovillas.co.uk so will let you know how we get on. Security is meant to be good.....

Must go to 'Sunday School' - anyone had bad experience of that? Is it easy to park there with our hire vehicle - heard it gets very crowded?

Looking forward to the visit.

Terry
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Terry

You'll enjoy Sunday School. Yes, parking can be a problem, but you're always going to be able to find somewhere within walking distance. Buccoo is only a tiny village.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago

Return to “General Accommodation”