looking for small establishment on beach

Questions or comments should be posted in the property's own sub-forum, below. Use this sub-forum for general accommodation questions and comment. Please DO NOT post accommodation reports in the forum. Reports should be posted in the property's listing in the Accommodation section of the main site, where you will also be able to include a Satisfaction rating with your report.
Ernesto Blokosso

looking for small establishment on beach

Post by Ernesto Blokosso »

Dear all myTobago users, thank you for your wonderful insight. My wife and I have scheduled a two-week visit in December. We will be at the Hilton for 3 nights (using Hilton points) and in a villa for a week. In between, however, we would like to find a small hotel/guesthouse/apartment that is right on the beach, in an unpopulated part of the island (preferably somewhere north since the Hilton is south and the villa is near Castara). We would be willing to spend about $100-125 a night for the right place with a lot of character. It doesn't need to be luxurious by any means, just something with charm, on a nice beach, that will add to our Carribean experience. Thank you all in advance (part of the reason we chose Tobago to visit is the volumes of info on this website).
all best
Ernesto
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Ernesto

Given that your first accommodation is in the Lowlands area, then your second in Castara, I think I would recommend that you move up north. That basically means Speyside or Charlotteville. The latter is the much nicer village, but the only beachside property at the Cholson Chalets and the Man O' War Bay Cottages, and they could come as a big shock after the Hilton and a 'villa'.

I think my best suggestion would be the Blue Waters Inn, just outside Speyside. It's a stunning location. Read our [http://myTobago.info/review07.htm]Review[/url] for full details and to see if it takes your fancy. Other than that, to be honest I can't think of anything. There are actually very few 'beachside' properties. One choice, if you don't mind staying down south, is the Seahorse Inn. They have four nice guest rooms and are right on/next to a good beach.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Ernesto Blokosso

Post by Ernesto Blokosso »

Thank you Steve for your prompt reply... I will look into your suggestion immediately.

-Ernesto
Kevin Hampson
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by Kevin Hampson »

Hi Ernesto,
I'll second Steves suggestion of the Bluewaters Inn, if it was any closer to the beach you'd drown :wink:

The hotel is set in its own bay about a mile outside Speyside, Mostly divers and birdwatchers and it fits your price bracket.

Regards
Kevin
Sally

Post by Sally »

What about Footprints Eco Resort? It's on Culloden Bay. There are 4 guest rooms on the beach and 3 secluded cottages, 2 pools, jacuzzi, and great food. It's very quiet and secluded. I keep mentioning it to people, but it's such a great find, I can't quit talking about it. We were there in June.

Return to “General Accommodation”