Heaven Villas

Questions or comments should be posted in the property's own sub-forum, below. Use this sub-forum for general accommodation questions and comment. Please DO NOT post accommodation reports in the forum. Reports should be posted in the property's listing in the Accommodation section of the main site, where you will also be able to include a Satisfaction rating with your report.
D. Gould
Tobago Guru
Tobago Guru

Heaven Villas

Post by D. Gould »

Recently stayed in Pelican Villa located in Heaven Villas area on Sanctuary Villas compound. The villa was quite comfortable, well kept and clean. The area is dead quiet if you are looking for that peaceful atmosphere.

The villas are located on hilly terrain, not near the main road so you might want to rent a car or rely on a taxi for transport. My only complaint is that the livingroom furniture was not that comfy, sprawl out and watch tv type of sofa/chairs, but i did not really watch too much tv.

Pool was refreshing, but it is only a plunge pool, not a swimming pool. Housekeeper was nice also.
Sally B.

More info on Heaven Villas?

Post by Sally B. »

I am considering staying at one of the Heaven Villas and have a few questions. How far away are the beaches? Is it an easy walk? Is the sea view real or fairly distant and remote? Was the location on the island convenient to many things?
We would have a rental car, but like to be fairly close to things anyway.
Thanks for any advice you can give!
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Sally

Nearest beach (Grafton) is less than a 10 minute walk there - all downhill - but a good 15 walking back because it's all uphill. But yes, its an easy walk other than the hill.

I'll be surprised if many of the villas on the Sanctuary Villa estate get sea views because it's set in a nice bowl in a valley. However, if they claim that you do, then I'm sure you will - but it will be a fleeting glimpse in the distance.

Yes, the location is ideal for pretty much everything. All the best restaurants are within 5-10 minutes drive and you're at the start of the most beautiful part of Tobago. Everywhere will be in ideal reach.

As a matter of interest, we shall be staying at and reviewing one of the villas on the Sanctuary Villa estate during our next visit - so we're convinced that they're a decent choice.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Cornelia Montgomery

Post by Cornelia Montgomery »

Depends what your definition of "villa" is. We toured one condominium at the very top of the hill. It definitely had a good sea view. I'm so bad at disances, though -- I would guess one-half mile -- don't ask me about kilometers. The one we toured was attached to several others in a row. It was not a separate villa.The one we saw had a plunge pool on the balcony and very modern kitchen appliances.
It would take me much longer than 15 minutes to climb up that hill in high temperatures. Plan on a car.
Cornelia Montgomery

Post by Cornelia Montgomery »

Sorry. Please ignore my previous post. I think I may be confusing this deevlopment with that larger one nearer Mount Irvine. The one I was thinking of has plans to build a large hotel somewhat to the south of Le Grand Courlan.
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Cornelia

No, your description fits exactly with the Sanctuary Villa development. The hotel is nothing but a shell. The owners have run out of money and development of the estate has stopped. Pity, because if they're not careful the development could start to look tatty. However, at the moment it's looking good.

Yes, I agree with you in that they're not really "villas" because they are not fully detached. Trouble is, they're not really apartments either. They're very nice though, whatever you call them.

I also agree that it would be better to plan on a car. Your guess of half a mile to the sea is about right, I think, but it's a long hot climb back.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Sally B.

Post by Sally B. »

Thanks for the input. We've decided to stay closer to the water in a villa at Bacolet Point. Is that a relatively easy drive to the Caribbean beaches and restaurants? We will be at Crown Point for some of our stay also, and figure that from those two locations we should be able to see the Caribbean side. Are there any problems with the Bacolet Point location?

Return to “General Accommodation”