Accomodation near airport for just one night

Questions or comments should be posted in the property's own sub-forum, below. Use this sub-forum for general accommodation questions and comment. Please DO NOT post accommodation reports in the forum. Reports should be posted in the property's listing in the Accommodation section of the main site, where you will also be able to include a Satisfaction rating with your report.
Marten

Accomodation near airport for just one night

Post by Marten »

Hi,

In November i'm travelling to Trinidad.
Our flight from Amsterdam goes to Tobago and arrives in the evening/night.

At that time there is no connecting flight to Trinidad anymore, so i am looking for a cheap but neat and clean accomodation just for 1 night. (We will be flying to Trinidad the next morning).

It should be within walking distance of the airport and have airconditioning.

Anybody got a good idea ?

Thanks !
Maarten.
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hello Maarten

Welcome to myTobago.

This site is about Tobago, so you won't find any information about Trinidad in this particular sub-forum. However, if you jump over to our 'Air Travel and Getting To Tobago' sub-forum, you'll find that this is a regular topic. In fact, there's a very recent thread on the subject at http://www.mytobago.info/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7547
Last edited by Steve Wooler on Mon May 29, 2006 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Marten

Post by Marten »

Huh ? I thought my question was clear... But i guess not.

Well, i am asking for a recommendation for a hotel or room on Tobago.

The fact that i'm flying from Tobago to Trinidad the day after souldn't matter, i think...
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

Sorry, Maarten, you post is clear when I read it properly. It's just that the reverse is a very common question, whilst yours is not.

Do I assume that you will prevously be staying up-country somewhere - Charlotteville or the very northern Caribbean coast? The reason I ask is becuase other than these far-flung places, everywhere in Tobago is within easy travelling distance of the airport, even for early morning flights.

There are lots of cheap boarding houses within walking distance of the airport, but very few of these even have email. I've certainly no experience of any, but hopefully somebody else can answer your question.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Marten

Post by Marten »

We've stayed at the Sandy Point village 2 years ago, which is also close to the airport. (And we enjoyed it very much).

But for this time we want just a bed and airconditioning since we're only going to sleep there and then leave the next morning.

Maby we should not make reservations at all and just walk to the nearest boarding house when we are there... but maby somebody has experience with a not to expensive place very near the airport.

Return to “General Accommodation”