Blue Mango or Sancastles?????

Questions or comments should be posted in the property's own sub-forum, below. Use this sub-forum for general accommodation questions and comment. Please DO NOT post accommodation reports in the forum. Reports should be posted in the property's listing in the Accommodation section of the main site, where you will also be able to include a Satisfaction rating with your report.
Patricia Green

Blue Mango or Sancastles?????

Post by Patricia Green »

Thanks for replies about Castara region. We've now booked our 2nd week in the south of the island, but are still pondering about where to stay for our 1st week. Having decided that Castara will definitely be the location, we're "dithering" between Cliff Hanger Cottage or Sandcastles!! Have to say, the e-mails I've had from Adam at Sandcastles have been so friendly that I feel I owe it to him to stay there!! Just wondered whether any of you had stayed at both so could give me some feedback. Cheers!
Pauline

Post by Pauline »

Hi Patricia

Just catching up on mytobago (back from a week away!) and read your posting. We stayed in Castara in March and had a wonderful time.
Have you considered Castara Retreats? We stayed there and would thoroughly recommend this accommodation. The idea is you are "living in the rainforest" and it certainly feels that way. The website is very informative (see link on this site) and the English owners extremely helpful on the telephone. Costs are £55 per night for the studio apartments which are ideal for a couple. One of the best things about Castara Retreats we thought was the fantastic view from the deck - you can spend hours looking at the beach, fishermen, wildlife etc. You would not get this panoramic view from properties right on the beach. The Retreats are also less prone to "village noise" - eg cockerels, dogs etc, being a couple of minutes stroll from the village centre. You do need to be fairly fit though - quite a steep path up from the small road/beach to get to the properties. Having said that, everyone we met in Castara was v. pleased with their accommodation also, including people from the Blue Mango and Sandcastles. Don't go looking for lively nightlife however - very little in the way of "entertainment" in this unspoiled village.

Enjoy your planning!

Pauline
Patricia Green

Blue Mango or Sandcastles???

Post by Patricia Green »

Hi Pauline, many thanks for your tip, but Castara Retreats had no vacancies for the week we wanted. Anyway, we've now taken the plunge & booked our 1st week in Tobago at Sandcastles & I have to say that Adam has responded with great speed & helpfulness to all the questions I've e-mailed him with. Glad to hear there's no nightlife! As long as we can get a beer & a meal & look out at the sea & stars, we'll be very happy to "chill!! 2nd week will be a bit livelier as we're going down to Crown Point. Thanks for responding & if Steve reads this, big thanks, I've never seen a more honest & informative site.

Looking forward to winter!!

Patricia:)

Return to “General Accommodation”