Apartements in Castara or near

Questions or comments should be posted in the property's own sub-forum, below. Use this sub-forum for general accommodation questions and comment. Please DO NOT post accommodation reports in the forum. Reports should be posted in the property's listing in the Accommodation section of the main site, where you will also be able to include a Satisfaction rating with your report.
Marko C

Apartements in Castara or near

Post by Marko C »

This year we plane to visit Tobago end of January.We have child 3 yr. old and looking for mid budget(cca.45U$ per day for all wa.meals) accomodation in Castara or near or on carribiean side of Tobago(not atlantic).Pls recomend us
some offers.We look for quiet place with beach and posibility of snorkeling and good place esp.for child.
And one more question.Can I fishing in waters of Tobago with spare gun? :roll:

Best Regards from Europe
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hello Marko

There are various places in Castara listed in our Accommodation listings that should within your budget of US$45 per day. I am not familiar with any of them and can't remember any names, so you will have to wade through our Apartments and Cottages listings. The only one that I can remember, because I added it only recently, is Porridge's Place. You couldn't hope for nicer people than Porridge and his wife Jeanell, so I think I'm safe in recommending them.

I think spear-fishing is frowned upon everywhere in the world now. It is also not a very safe sport in Caribbean waters - unless you fancy arguing over the catch with a barracuda.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Marko C

Post by Marko C »

Thank you for fast answer, in mean time i surf a little bit on my tobago.I found out a Naturalist Beach Resort, whats your oppinion about that.
Poridge house is nice but to far away from beach.We plane to rent a car but not for whole 14 days.Maybe for 1 week.Is in Castara possibility to rent a car?
Thank you
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

The Naturalist always seems to get positive comments. Use the Search facility at the top of the page to find comments on it.

Yes, you can hire a car in Castara - through Porridge.
Steve Wooler
Paul Williams
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Apartment in Castara

Post by Paul Williams »

Hello Marko
You say you have noticed the Naturalist in your search, my wife and I were there in October and I think it would meet your requirements perfectly you are only 25 metres from the beach and can use an outside shower before going back to your room.
The ideal room would be one called Kingfish which also has a nice little covered terrace on which you can relax.
Whilst I agree with Steve and his comments about spear fishing I did notice that a couple of the local fisherman were out with their spears but I have to say these guys are experts and if you did try it you really need to seek their advice.
Marko C

Post by Marko C »

Thank you Steve, I hope that someone reply us; is Naturalist B.R. good for child and enough groceries to buy simply things(food).And good restaurants with sea food,
so pls answer me those who spend a holidays with kids(or without) in Naturalist B.R.
:D :D
I forgot something, is safe for cihild in beach and how is with sea(calm?)
Anbjørn Grindheim

Post by Anbjørn Grindheim »

Marko C wrote:Thank you Steve, I hope that someone reply us; is Naturalist B.R. good for child and enough groceries to buy simply things(food).And good restaurants with sea food,
You are able to get the very basic groceries in some of the small shops of Castara. For the rest you have to travel to Scarborough.
The restaurants in the village offer good traditional food for a decent price.
Even though I have seen tourists at the beach with small children, I guess that the sea is not calm enough for them to play in by themselves.
Marko C

Post by Marko C »

so we booked by Ancle George in Naturalist, for 14 days we hope everything will be ok. now we are looking for some good car(not expensive) for hire for one week, any sugestions :-k
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

My best suggestion is to read our articles in the Tobago/Getting Around menu.
Last edited by Steve Wooler on Mon May 29, 2006 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Wooler
Paul Tallet
Weather Guru

Post by Paul Tallet »

Hi

The Naturalist is perfect ... I have been going there for the last 4 years with my whole family including 3 kids.

The only precaution you should take with the kids is sandflies on Castara ... the children always like to play in the sand so make sure they take plenty of protection (see the Health/Security Forum) to avoid nasty sandfly bites ... having said that, I have never known a child to get sandfly bites ... they seem to prefer adults (or those with alcohol in their blood !!!!) ... anyway ...

Ancle, who owns the Naturalist also rents cars and is quite cheap. His cars are OK but he is happy to run them with quite bald tyres (I had 2 punctures last year) ... you just get what you pay for.

Regards
Paul Tallet
Public Relations Consultant for Mother Nature
Marko C

Post by Marko C »

Gracias Paul,
we take wth us a protection, but we are fimiliar with sand flys from Barbados but anyway thank you for good advise, regarding car hire from Ancle. I try with his cars.I am a litlebit of mechanic-man.
Paul Tallet
Weather Guru

Post by Paul Tallet »

Marko

If you are up for the 'bald tyre' challenge.

It only costs 20TT (£2 in UK money) to have a puncture repaired and there are plenty of tyre menders around ... they put a little tab on it just like the ones you use for blow up toys on the beach !!!!

I spent last year avoiding stones on the roads ... It was quite alot of fun actually !!

Regards
Paul Tallet
Public Relations Consultant for Mother Nature

Return to “General Accommodation”