Black Rock - Duke's House/Birdie's Nest

Questions or comments should be posted in the property's own sub-forum, below. Use this sub-forum for general accommodation questions and comment. Please DO NOT post accommodation reports in the forum. Reports should be posted in the property's listing in the Accommodation section of the main site, where you will also be able to include a Satisfaction rating with your report.
Keith V

Post by Keith V »

Does anyone have any experience of either Duke's House or Birdie's Nest aprtments in Black Rock - or indeed of Black Rock as a place to stay?
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Keith

Welcome aboard!

Use the Search facility at the top of the page. I know there's several reports of Birdie's Nest, but I'm not sure about Duke's House. I have seen Birdie's Nest and have tremendous liking and respect for young Prince Robinson who runs the apartment on behalf of his mother, Princess. If you're looking for a real back-to-basics experience, literally on a deserted Caribbean beach, with the truly friendly hospitality of the local community, then this could well be the place for you.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
David Watkins
Bude Cool Boy
Bude Cool Boy

Post by David Watkins »

Hi Keith,when are you going out?I shall be staying at Duke's place end of Jan04.I know Black Rock is quite a pleasant little village as I have stayed near by(GBR).David
Jane H
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by Jane H »

Hi Keith,

I agree with David. We stayed at Grafton Beach and walked round and about Black Rock several times and found it a very friendly little place. The beaches are good too.

Go and enjoy!

Jane
Keith V

Post by Keith V »

Hello David,

We're planning to go mid-July. Have you seen or heard anything about the interior/location of Duke's House? If not, I'd love to have your impressions after you've been in January.

Kind regards,

Keith V
Keith V

Birdie's Nest

Post by Keith V »

Hello Steve,

Have now booked Birdie's Nest for next July (+ a week at Asa Wright in Trinidad). Many thanks for your - and other forum members' - helpful information and reassurances to this caribbean first-timer. It's a long way off but I'll post a review - plus one of Asa Wright if you ever launch myTrinidad!

Keep up the good work,

Keith V

Return to “General Accommodation”