accomodation

Questions or comments should be posted in the property's own sub-forum, below. Use this sub-forum for general accommodation questions and comment. Please DO NOT post accommodation reports in the forum. Reports should be posted in the property's listing in the Accommodation section of the main site, where you will also be able to include a Satisfaction rating with your report.
Keith Goucher

accomodation

Post by Keith Goucher »

Hi
I'm new to this board & as yet I've never visited Tobago, I'm hoping to put that right this coming March 2005.
I would like our visit to coincide with the Tobago Plantations European golf tour championship which was held March 19 - 21 last year, as yet I haven't been able to confirm that there will be a tournament at this same venue but have put some "feelers out".

Could anyone please help with the following questions?
We are looking for some accomodation near enough to travel to the golf course (I'm not sure where the course is) but the main criteria is to find a clean basic apartment close to a safe beach (my wife is not a strong swimmer)
We like to soak up the sun in the daytime & have a drink in the evening, our other interest is looking at birds.
Is there anywhere to combine all these features?

Cheers, Keith :?:
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hello Keith

Welcome aboard!

I've moved your post from the Tropikist forum so that it gets a wider readership.

The championship is on the Tobago Plantations golf course in the south-west of the island, between Crown Point International Airport and the capital Scarborough. Anywhere in the popular southwest will be within 15 minutes drive of the course, so just work your way through our Accommodation listings on the main site and see what takes your fancy and is within your budget.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Andreas Kasner

Post by Andreas Kasner »

If you would like to stay within walking distance to the golf course you can either stay in the Tobago Plantations compound itself (where you can find the Hilton Hotel as well as appartements and villas). We stayed at Villa Sans Souci last year, which we found to be excellent value for money.

Closest options outside Tobago Plantations include Hampden Inn and Viola's Place, both in Lowlands.

I personally don't find the beaches in this area very attractive, so you have to decide to either use the pool or make your journey to Tobago Plantations by car. As Steve wrote, everything in the south-west of the island is very accessible by car.
Steve Wooler

Ocean Point Apartment Hotel

Post by Steve Wooler »

It is with great disappointment that I have had to delete a blatant advertisement posted here by the son of the owner of the Ocean Point Hotel. Now based in Canada, he is a professional web marketer and probably the most web-savvy person from Tobago. He, better than anyone, is aware of the strictly enforced policies I operate about businesses not promoting themselves on this forum. In fact no business on Tobago has tried harder to persuade me to manipulate negative posts about their property. What is particularly galling is that he has been in correspondence with me within the past 24 hours over other matters, so could so easily have mentioned the post and perhaps asked me to suggest the Ocean Point, or at least ask permission to mention it himself.

My response is simple. Val, if anyone, including myself, thought the Ocean Point Apartment Hotel worthy of mention or recommendation to Keith, they would have done so.

I take the unusual step of mentioning this for two reasons. Firstly, a lot of people have read the post and will wonder why it has suddenly disappeared (I only delete or amend posts in the most extreme of circumstances) Secondly, I have long had concerns by the sheer volume of bad press that this establishment receives on international travel forums and will not be party to their practise of over-selling the property to a clientele who arrive to find less than expected from the slick marketing.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago

Return to “General Accommodation”