Modest Accommodation Suggestions Please

Questions or comments should be posted in the property's own sub-forum, below. Use this sub-forum for general accommodation questions and comment. Please DO NOT post accommodation reports in the forum. Reports should be posted in the property's listing in the Accommodation section of the main site, where you will also be able to include a Satisfaction rating with your report.
Rick Thrall

Modest Accommodation Suggestions Please

Post by Rick Thrall »

Hello Readers, My 16 year old son and I will be in Tobago in mid March for two weeks. We thought we would stay and dive in the Speyside area for the first week and then move south for more of the same in the second week. I have enjoyed the information on the forum and found it very useful. Does anyone have any suggestions on modest accommodations in Speyside with reasonable access to beaches and dive operations. BWI sounds great but is a little pricy for us. Also, I am not as keen on the BWI diving schedule that tends to take up most of the day. We prefer to go out diving early and be back by noon so we have a lot of the day left to explore or do other activities. Any suggestions.

I would appreciate similar advise regarding the south or west side of the island as we were thinking of moving for the second week.

Thanks for any suggestions you might have.

Enjoy your day. It is -32C in Manitoba (Canada) today (but no wind) and I will be going cross country skiing with my brother in the hills in an hour. Diving in Tobago will be a treat.

Rick
Jane H
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by Jane H »

Hi Rick

Can't help you with your diving query - but there are lots of people who can on the forum - but I'm sure that you will find loads of information about accommodation in the Speyside area if you look through the listings on this website. Many of the places have websites so you can get more information about what's on offer - so I'm sure you will be able to find something suitable.

You're going to have a bit of a temperature shock going from -32 degrees to the warmth of Tobago, aren't you? (Is it -32C or F?)

Anyway - good luck with the accommodation hunt!

Jane
Rick Thrall

Moderate Accommodation

Post by Rick Thrall »

Thanks Jane,

Can you tell me if the "Accommodation" site can be sorted by location? I would like to search by Speyside as there are so may listings and I find it hard to know what community the lodgin is located in.

Just so you know, it is -32C but that is almost the same as "F" since at -40 they are equal.

Cheers and thanks for the help.

Rick
Jane H
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by Jane H »

Hi Rick

On the Home page, go to "Eat and Sleep", then go to "Accommodation".

If you scroll down this section, you will find a map of the island divided into areas. If you click on the Speyside area you will bring up a list of accommodations with descriptions and links where available.

Hope this helps

Jane
Paul Tallet
Weather Guru

Post by Paul Tallet »

Maybe Charlottesville could be a good place to stay.

I am unaware of cheap accommodations in Speyside but feel sure there must be some.

You could stay almost anywhere on the island and get good access to diving ... it is just a matter of transport and how early you want to get up in the morning.

You can get a hire car (maybe expensive option) but some dive operators may be prepared to pick you up first thing in the morning (worth checking).

But you may need a car if you want to spend the rest of the day exploring so not sure if this is part of your budget.

Charlottesville seems the best budget place to stay near Speyside ... it's very nice there too.

Others on the forum may be able to help here ... Kevin Hampson comes to mind.

Regards
Paul Tallet
Public Relations Consultant for Mother Nature
Rick Thrall

Speyside Accommodations & Diving

Post by Rick Thrall »

Thanks Folks,

Do you or others have Dive Operator suggestions in either Speyside or Charlottesville? Maybe I need to approach this accommodation issue from a couple different angles. How far is it between Charlottesville and Speyside by car?

Rick Thrall

Return to “General Accommodation”