Accomodation

Questions or comments should be posted in the property's own sub-forum, below. Use this sub-forum for general accommodation questions and comment. Please DO NOT post accommodation reports in the forum. Reports should be posted in the property's listing in the Accommodation section of the main site, where you will also be able to include a Satisfaction rating with your report.
J Tomasulo
myTobago Groupie
myTobago Groupie

Accomodation

Post by J Tomasulo »

Hello,
My name is Justin Tomasulo. My wife and I would like to go and spend two to four weeks at the Tara's Beachhouse i Tobago.
In the accomodation reviews I have not seen any about Tara's Beachhouse. Can anyone who knows anything about this place, please tell me about it? It will be much appreciated.
Thanks a lot
J. Tomasulo
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hello Justin

Welcome aboard! :lol:

Where did you hear/come across Tara's Beachhouse? Its not a property I've ever heard of. If its a new accommodation, I'm MOST surprised that the owner hasn't been in touch for a listing on myTobago. If you can give me some more information, I'll look into it for you.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
J Tomasulo
myTobago Groupie
myTobago Groupie

Accomodation

Post by J Tomasulo »

Hello Steven,
Thank you very much for the reply to my request for information on Tara's Beachhouse.
I have heard of the place from my son Justin, who has been in Tobago two years ago and last year. Last year he went to inquire at Tara's Beachhouse but the place did not suit him because it was away from the Crown Point area.
The six self-contained apartments of Tara's Beachhouse are located in the village of Lambeau, a couple of miles from Scarborough.
If you can look into it, it will be gratly appreciated.
Thank you, and a very Happy New Year!
Justin
Julia C.
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Julia C. »

I found their website, if that helps?
http://www.tarasbeachhouse.com/loc.htm
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

Thanks Julia

Yes - Google was my first port of call, so I found the site too.

I recognised the place instantly and promptly sent myself to stand in the corner with the Dunce's hat on for 10 minutes. I've passed that place time and time again and admired how neat, tidy and well-maintained it looks. Each time I've driven past I've thought "I'm sure that we don't list that" and made a mental note to check as soon as I got back to our hotel or accommodation. You guessed it - never did check.

Anyway, its now in the listings using the basic information on their site. I've also emailed them asking for further information. I can't really tell you anything about though. Its located directly on a rocky seafront and about a 3 minute walk from Lambeau beach. Read our reviews of Inn On The Bay or Seagrape Villa for more information about the immediate area. As I've already said, the place looks neat and well-kept. The only thing I would take issue with on their website is that they claim to be within walking distance of quite a few restaurants including the Hilton. The Hilton is well over a mile, and thats assuming you use the shortest route which is the beach. Worse, Cafe Petunia closed a couple of years ago and has now opened in the Shirvan Road, about 2½ miles away and Best of Thymes is located at the Crown Point Hotel, nearly 5 miles away.

The bottom line is it could be a could holiday base, but your own transport is essential.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
J Tomasulo
myTobago Groupie
myTobago Groupie

Post by J Tomasulo »

Thanks to both of you, Julia and Steve. It does help.
Justin

Return to “General Accommodation”