help me choose between two accooodations please

Questions or comments should be posted in the property's own sub-forum, below. Use this sub-forum for general accommodation questions and comment. Please DO NOT post accommodation reports in the forum. Reports should be posted in the property's listing in the Accommodation section of the main site, where you will also be able to include a Satisfaction rating with your report.
Barrett

help me choose between two accooodations please

Post by Barrett »

Hi- unfortunately since i waited so long to look for a reservation in Castara- the only two places that have availability are Angel's apts and Paradise Point-
i am a little torn as paradise point looks much nicer, but is further than the beach and angel apts looks a little shabby, but is run buy the brother of a plce many referred me to- alibabbas! Both are simerly priced as paradise has a small loft for @ 100/nt and angel's is @110-
has anyone stayed in either spot- or have any info on the two- thanks
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Barrett

I haven't viewed the interior of either of these places, but from what I know the facilities at Paradise Point are of far higher quality. The place is American owned. The accommodation is not exactly in keeping with the surroundings - its far too luxurious, but you'll certainly get a good nights sleep there.

The downside, however, is that it is a five-minute drive from the beach and village, or thereabouts. You certainly wouldn't want to walk it - it must be the best part of 2.5-3 miles up (on the return) the hills.

Angel Apartments are 30-seconds from the beach. Without wishing to take anything away from the excellent and friendly local management, the building is as much at odds with the environment at Paradise Point - but in a different 'down market' way. The buidling is far to large and souless and frankly it ruins the look and feel of that end of the village. I'm not surprised that there are vacancies. I wouldn't describe them as shabby - they are only a year old.

Both places have excellent local management and you will be well looked after.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Jo B
myTobago Nut
myTobago Nut

Post by Jo B »

Barrett

I don't know anything about Paradise Point, but we did go into one of the new Angel Apartments when we were in Castara in October. The apartments were quite plush - clean, spacious and well-equipped. The bathrooms were outrageously large. But I would agree with Steve and others on the forum that the development is completely out of character with Little Bay! We were much happier in our rental cottage just up the hill. But if choice is limited and you are looking for somewhere clean, pleasant in an excellent location, you will be fine in Angel.

Jo x
Barrett

settled at last!

Post by Barrett »

whew-
thanks for all the input, suprisingly enough after posting my question, i got an email from Adam at sandcastles....much more affordable, and seems to 'fit' the island a bit better-
Hope i made a good choice!!!!
leaving for maho bay tommarow and castatra on the 25th!!!!!
I am so excited!!!!!!!
barrett
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

Great! A MUCH better choice, IMHO. Adam is a great cook and Adam and Ria are great hosts, so I think you'll have a wonderful time.

Have a great trip and be sure to let us know how you get on.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Jo B
myTobago Nut
myTobago Nut

Post by Jo B »

Barrett

Sandcastles is a great choice. As Steve says, Adam and Ria will look after you well. If you like a beer, I'm sure you will soon be introduced to Codrington's rum shop by Adam. He does great food too - the baked fish and his lobster come highly recommended.

Do say hello to them both from Jo and Steve who were around Castara in early October.

Jo x
Barrett

back from sandcastlles!!!!

Post by Barrett »

hi everyone!!!!!
thank you for all your time and effort that you put forth in helping me figure out what would feel 'just right'!!!!
castara. sandcastles, the food and most of all the people made me remember what it felt like to be carefree again.
all was paradise
and steve-
thank you for this page that connects people that would normally never exchange words-
good to meet you at margariuttes!!!!! (i know that spelling is way off...)
more to come later when not so jet-lagged!
barrett

Return to “General Accommodation”