Alibaba's or Beach House?

Questions or comments should be posted in the property's own sub-forum, below. Use this sub-forum for general accommodation questions and comment. Please DO NOT post accommodation reports in the forum. Reports should be posted in the property's listing in the Accommodation section of the main site, where you will also be able to include a Satisfaction rating with your report.
Dianne O.

Alibaba's or Beach House?

Post by Dianne O. »

I am planning to return to Tobago and would like to stay in Castara. I can't decide between Alibaba's and the Beach House? I am looking for clean and safe accomodation, on the beach, with a fabulous view and both apartments seem to have this. I have heard great things about both places and their staff. Any suggestions, anyone? Thanks so much.
Brian Taylor
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by Brian Taylor »

:lol: might be best you check out availablities... when we are full we send people to the beach house and the other way arround, since there is no other accomodation of this "really right on the beach type"...
where ever ENJOY

STEPHANIE
Stephanie & Brian "Alibaba" Taylor
Alibaba-Tours - http://www.Alibaba-Tours.com
Dianne O.

December 9 to the 20th or so

Post by Dianne O. »

I was planning on mid December....how early should I book, Stephanie or Brian? Thanks for your hellp!
Roland Siebenhorn
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Roland Siebenhorn »

I doesn't make your decision easier, but here's a picture where are shown both accommodations:

http://www.locki.net/tobago/tobago05-005.php

Alibaba's is on the very left, the Beach House is the little
brown house on the right side of the pic.
Both apartments are directly on Castara's little beach.
Hope this helps........
Last edited by Roland Siebenhorn on Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Go to http://www.locki.net/tobago/bilder.php for my photos of Tobago
Dianne O.

Post by Dianne O. »

Awesome photo! I think I would be happy at either. :D
Brian Taylor
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by Brian Taylor »

guess as soon as you have your flights fixed. since the beach house is in business since many years already, they are booked out even earlier than us most of the time... but we are getting there, too (first people came back a second time already :D)
jsut check with alyson, she will tell you how it looks for the beachhouse...
bookings for christmas are coming in already... :wink:
Stephanie & Brian "Alibaba" Taylor
Alibaba-Tours - http://www.Alibaba-Tours.com
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Dianne

Jill and I have had the pleasure of staying at both Alibaba's SeaBreeze and the Beach House during the past few weeks. Our reviews will follow in due course (by end of April hopefully), but here are a few pointers.

As far as location is concerned, they are both stunning. Beach House is nearer the beach (well, on the beach), whereas SeaBreeze has a 30 second walk down their path and onto the beach - so we're really splitting hairs here. However, SeaBreeze is higher, so has the better views.

If your budget runs to it and you need the space, then the Beach House top apartment Coconut Heights is really stunning and offers a truly Robinson Crusoe 'back to nature' feel. The SeaBreeze apartments are smaller, beautiful furnished and equipped, and represent tremendous value for money. On balance they would probably be our preference in comparison to either of the two smaller apartments (Breadfruit Grove and Palm Corner) at Beach House.

Both are extremely well run and frankly you can't go wrong whichever you choose.

Hope this helps.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Bill B
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Post by Bill B »

Dianne,

My wife and I have already made our reservations for next January at Seabreeze. We choose them over the Beach House because we did not want anyone overhead and did not want to spend the extra money to have the top floor accomodation at the Beach House.

We're leaving for St Maarten this Saturday and haven't really focused yet on Tobago. I know that this trip will not be enough to cure us and as soon as we return we will be hit again with "Island Fever."

Bill
D. Gould
Tobago Guru
Tobago Guru

Post by D. Gould »

roland, nice picture of little bay.

can anyone identify for me the house that is in the center of the photo?

it is behind angels with the veranda. thanks
Roland Siebenhorn
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Roland Siebenhorn »

Hi D,

I don't know, but Brian of the Sea Breeze replied to the same question
in another tread:
"the green building with the white roof is new and not yet finished. it is partly private owned and might be rented out soon. will be on the castara list as soon as it opens....
to avoid missunderstandings: it is not ours"
Go to http://www.locki.net/tobago/bilder.php for my photos of Tobago
Jan

Post by Jan »

Just posted a report in the accomodation section about Alibaba. Maybe that helps with the decision. :D

Return to “General Accommodation”