Charlotteville (AC, affordable, 2 beds?)

Questions or comments should be posted in the property's own sub-forum, below. Use this sub-forum for general accommodation questions and comment. Please DO NOT post accommodation reports in the forum. Reports should be posted in the property's listing in the Accommodation section of the main site, where you will also be able to include a Satisfaction rating with your report.
Tricia C

Charlotteville (AC, affordable, 2 beds?)

Post by Tricia C »

:D Hi ! We're going to be in Charlotteville 14th & 15th March and we'd like an affordable place with 2 beds & AC. ManOWarBayCottages don't have AC and we've read mixed review on Banana Boat. Any suggestions? 8)
Paul Williams
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Paul Williams »

Hi Tricia
Personally I think you cannot do better than Top River Pearl, if you do some searches on the forum you will see that it gets very good reviews.
We stayed there last year and as its a bit higher up you get a nice cooling breeze which negates the need for a/c.
All of the staff are very helpful and it means you are really "in the village".
Whatever you decide have a great time.
Paul
Alison T

Post by Alison T »

Hi Paul,

I'm Ali, Tricia's friend and Tobago travelling companion. :)

I believe that Top River Pearl is booked for our time in Charlotteville. :( Tric, can you confirm that? I can't remember, after all the places we looked at last night!

The reason we're looking for AC is to avoid BUGS, not the heat.... I got this advice from an american-trinidadian that just got back from Trinidad.

Thanks,
Ali
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Ali

Welcome aboard! :lol:

I'm afraid you're probably going to have quite a search to find A/C in Charloteville - and if you do find it, it will probably be the awful Trinidadian make Peake which make you think you're staying at the end of the runway of a major airport.

We've been here for five weeks now and I have to say that bugs have NOT been a problem, no matter where we've stayed (and we don't normally use the A/C even if its available). Simply follow our advice in the Odds & Sods/Health & Safety/Insects & Nasties article.

One of the best things you can do is to call into Penny Savers on your way from the airport and buy a local electrical bug deterent. The two common makes are GoodKnight or BugMat. They cost about TT$30 (US$5). You simply put a deterent mat in the machine each evening and place it on the windward side of your bed. Set it going about an hour before you go to bed. If you're really paranoid, use two, but make sure that the breeze is flowing ACROSS the bug deterent before it passes over you. So Fan-Deterent-Sleepers.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Louise I
myTobago Nut
myTobago Nut

Post by Louise I »

Just to say that Man O'War Bay Cottages and Banana Boat are very different - Banana Boat being a busy and lud bar and restaurant!

We have stayed at Man O'War Bay Cottages, Top River Pearl and Cholson Chalets - and liked them all!! In fact we are back there in May to get married - we are in the cottages but friends and relatives in both the others - plus Rosa'a which has had good reviews here and looked nice.
Paul T.

Post by Paul T. »

We have stayed at Man-O-War Bay cottages once and will be again in May. We really like them. We have looked at the Banana Boat when we were there and we like the place to hang out at (and the owner is very nice), but the rooms seemed too closed in for our taste (like staying in a box). The Banana boat was only loud on the weekend when we were there. Good luck and enjoy your stay.
Louise I
myTobago Nut
myTobago Nut

Post by Louise I »

When are you there in May Paul? maybe we overlap! :D :lol:
Paul T.

Post by Paul T. »

Hi Louise,

That would be cool 8) We will be there May 12 - 19, and then we are off to Castera for 5 nights. It sounds like you will have the whole of Charlotteville taken over. What are the dates you are going to be there? Maybe we can lift a glass to two very lucky people who are getting married in Tobago.
Tricia C

3 more nights !

Post by Tricia C »

So excited about this trip to Tobago! & this website is awesome ! We'll stay 2 nights at Candles, then rent a soft-top jeep and drive from Crown Point area to Charlotteville . . . stay 2 nights at Banana Boat and then 2 nights at Hummingbird Hotel in the Crown Point area again. Read a lot of info on restaurants & activities . . . wish we were staying 2 weeks, not just 6 nights ! Maybe I'll see some of you there! Tricia :P
Louise I
myTobago Nut
myTobago Nut

Post by Louise I »

Paul,

We are there 27 April - 18 May. getting married on 10th so will definately have a drink with you to continue celebrating!

Louise

Return to “General Accommodation”