Comparing Hotels - Questions

Questions or comments should be posted in the property's own sub-forum, below. Use this sub-forum for general accommodation questions and comment. Please DO NOT post accommodation reports in the forum. Reports should be posted in the property's listing in the Accommodation section of the main site, where you will also be able to include a Satisfaction rating with your report.
Sharon R

Comparing Hotels - Questions

Post by Sharon R »

I’m comparing two hotels, Crown Point Hotel and Kariwak Village Hotel. Although mytobago.info doesn’t list Crown Point Hotel as being located on the beach, according to their website all rooms have a view of Store Bay and can be accessed by walking down the steps to the beach. I don’t remember where I found the map, but it looks as if Kariwak Village Hotel is located directly behind Crown Point Hotel, but is a 5-10 minute walk to the beach. Can someone give me accurate info on the locations of these two hotels? Also, is it correct that Crown Point Hotel is self-catering but Kariwak Village Hotel is not?

If anyone has stayed at both hotels, can you offer feedback for both? Or if there is another hotel in the Crown Point, Store Bay or Pigeon Point areas around $100 that you recommend, I’d appreciate opinions. Thanks. :)
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Sharon

Although the Crown Point Beach Hotel doesn't have its own beach (at least not a usable one) it is true that it has direct access to the beach, so can be considered "beach front". I must change our listings to reflect that.

The Kariwak is located a 5 minutes (if you walk fast) to 10 minutes (slow stroll) from the same beach.

Yes, the Crown Point is a self-catering apartment hotel whereas the Kariwak is not.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Sharon R

Post by Sharon R »

Thanks for the clarification, Steve. Have you stayed at either hotel?
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

No, I'm afraid not.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Nikos

Post by Nikos »

We have stayed at Kariwak, and it was fantastic. But it is not beach-front. If the 5-10 minute walk to the beach is not an obstacle, that's the one you need. Kariwak is more of a "garden hotel".
Sharon R

Post by Sharon R »

Nikos, the Kariwak does look beautiful. My teenage daughter, though, has her heart set on a beach front hotel. And I'd like to have self-catering accommodations. I'm really torn on this.

Return to “General Accommodation”