Beach Accommodation

Questions or comments should be posted in the property's own sub-forum, below. Use this sub-forum for general accommodation questions and comment. Please DO NOT post accommodation reports in the forum. Reports should be posted in the property's listing in the Accommodation section of the main site, where you will also be able to include a Satisfaction rating with your report.
Debbie Aldous

Beach Accommodation

Post by Debbie Aldous »

Hi,

My boyfriend and I are going to Tobago next year and I know I'm probably being very hasty in trying to find the most suitable place but until I have a vague idea - I'm not getting any work done :lol:

My question is this - which apartments/bungalows/beach huts can anyone reccomend that is right on the beach? (And by right on the beach I mean no more than a 5 minute comfortable walk.) I've always had this holiday dream that all I do is wake, put on my swimming cozi and plonk myself on the beach...

My boyfriend's needs are simple - loads Stag and TV (he's from Trinidad so not too fussed about the location)

Any suggestions?
John Brownlow

Post by John Brownlow »

I would thoroughly recommend the Beach House at Castara. We stayed there last year in April and we still dream of being there. Looking out from the balcony over the beach and the bay you wouldn't know that there are were any other buildings in the vicinity yet it is within reach of great little restaurants and bars in Castara. Alll very low key but it sounds as though that is what you are looking for. The upstairs apartment, Coconut Heights, is significantly better than the lower apartments if you can run to it. Steve Wooler has recently posted a review which is spot on. Have a look at their website - just type castara beach house into google and you're there.
L.A. Mcdonald
Tobago Guru
Tobago Guru

Post by L.A. Mcdonald »

Debbie,

I thoroughly agree with John and would have replied immediately except for one little thing....NO TV. I would like to hazzard a guess, that no TV will be necessary, especially with the Boat House restaurant less than 1 minute walk away, where you can get all the ice cold Stag that he will need and lots of locals to entertain you (if you so desire). My 10 days spent at the beach house were some of the best moments of my life.

Lori
Debbie Aldous

Post by Debbie Aldous »

Thanks for you replies - I'm trying to talk my boyfriend round the TV part... I'm not winning! He's originally from Trini...
Joanne Green
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Joanne Green »

Debbie-
If your boyfriend really has to have TV. then how about the Naturalist Beach? It's in Castara, right on the beach. We stayed in the biggest room - Kingfish- very affordable, with A/C, ceiling fan, kitchenette, fold-out divan AND TV!! It even has it's own covered sea-view porch. Check out their website.

Joanne Green
Debbie Aldous

Post by Debbie Aldous »

Thanks Joanne!! :D
Paul Williams
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Paul Williams »

I have to endorse Joannes comments but need to point out that in our 2 visits I cannot make any statement on the TV as it was not even turned on as the beauty of Kingfish is to sit under the sea view porch and watch the soap opera that unfolds.
Regards
Paul
Mandy H
Tobago Guru
Tobago Guru

Post by Mandy H »

Hi,

I would recommend Birdies Nest - read the reviews on the accomodation section and you will see why.

They have three apartments and they are about 30 steps walk from the beach - beautiful for sunbathing swimming and snorkelling. The apartments are perfect for self catering if that's your thing, but if you are hiring a car (as we did) there are plenty of places within 5 mins drive. There is a TV with satellite channels in each apartment, and air con too.

I can't think of anywhere better if you like being by the sea!

Good luck with making your decision!

Mandy

Return to “General Accommodation”