HELP!!!!! Irving marcelle????

Questions or comments should be posted in the property's own sub-forum, below. Use this sub-forum for general accommodation questions and comment. Please DO NOT post accommodation reports in the forum. Reports should be posted in the property's listing in the Accommodation section of the main site, where you will also be able to include a Satisfaction rating with your report.
Linda P

HELP!!!!! Irving marcelle????

Post by Linda P »

Hi All,
I need your help, over the past few days i have e-mailed accomodation enquiries to at least a dozen different establishments in Tobago. Today I received a reply fom "Irving Marcelle". His rates were great, problem is, I don't know which property he owns/runs. Also i tried to reply to his e-mail, but mail just kept bouncing back to me as "could not be delivered"!. It was to a tstt e-mail address.

Does anyone know who Irving Marcelle is? do you have alternative contact details? or is there a problem with e-mails to tstt addresses?

Help!!!!

Thanks

Linda
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Linda

Did you email Freddy's Villa or Merle's House? A guy called Marcelle ownes and/or runs these. I only know him as 'Marcelle' - which I had always assumed was his first name, not his family name. However, if his email was [email protected], that's you man. And a very nice guy too (I have to say that, he's a copper).

Yes, I suspect it is the same guy, because we have been aware of problems to his email address for a considerable time. Sometimes they go through and sometimes TSTT rejects them. This is a TSTT problem - a VERY common problem on Tobago. I have notified Marcelle of this. Other than telephoning him (See Odds & Sods/Practicalities/Communications) for cheap (7p per minute) telephone calls to Tobago from the UK) you could try contacting him via Sheppy's on [email protected] - I'm sure Sheppy wouldn't mind. They're friends (that's how I met Marcelle).
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

Well done Steve!!! Checked out Merle's and owner is listed as Irving Marcelle! I knew I could rely on you.

So far I have narrowed down choice to Merle's or Red's apartments, both seem very similar and rates are comparable, may come down to which is closest to Crown Point/Store bay/Pigeon point, do you have any idea?

thanks

Linda
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Linda

Does that mean I can continue wearing my Sherlock Holmes hat? :lol:

I don't know Red's, so can't comment. Neither have I ever visited Merle's. Marcelle did invite me to have a look at it and I got the impression it was just in the area behind Sheppy's yard in Store Bay Local Road. However, the truth is that that casual wave and point of hand could have meant anything all the way down to Canaan.

My best advice is to ask each of them how long it takes to walk from their place to the place you're interested in and judge it from there.

As I say, I don't know anything at all about Red's, but having met Marcelle and knowing him to be a policeman and a friend of Sheppy's, I know who I would go with, all other things being equal. Better the devil you 'know' and all that jazz.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago

Return to “General Accommodation”