Accomodation and activity choices

Questions or comments should be posted in the property's own sub-forum, below. Use this sub-forum for general accommodation questions and comment. Please DO NOT post accommodation reports in the forum. Reports should be posted in the property's listing in the Accommodation section of the main site, where you will also be able to include a Satisfaction rating with your report.
Ron Neale

Accomodation and activity choices

Post by Ron Neale »

Hello! Finding your site extremely helpful! My wife and I are visiting Tobago for the first time in September, 16-27th. We are coming to scuba dive, but also plan to do some snorkeling, and beach diving if we can. We are stymied because we REALLY like the sound of Castara area as the place to stay, but the dive operations are on the polar ends of the island. How feasible is it to stay in Castara and still dive at least once a day? Do the dive operators pick up out there, or would we definitely need to be able to drive in to one end or the other? That answer will also help us decide if we should rent a vehicle or just use local taxi service, etc.

Really looking forward to the visit!
Brian Taylor
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by Brian Taylor »

tobago dive experience sometimes picks up in castara.
also check caribstu. we had guests who dove with him and he picked them up all over the place, took care of their own equipment for their whole stay, provided an excellent service and fruit and energie drinks for after the dive. they were amazed by his care.
not a diver myself I only met him once and found him a very nice guy.
check it out.
wherever you end up staying:
ENJOY YOUR HOLIDAY AND EVERY SINGE DIVE!

STEPHANIE
Stephanie & Brian "Alibaba" Taylor
Alibaba-Tours - http://www.Alibaba-Tours.com
Jo Hughes

Post by Jo Hughes »

Try R & Sea Divers, they are excellent (read the reviews on this site).

We used them for our first time diving in Tobago in July this year, they are a British couple who run the business and they will collect you from anywhere and take you to whichever dive site you wish to go to. Dont be put off that they are based at Pidgeon Point.

I can highly recommend them, their service, staff and equipment were first class.
Jo B
myTobago Nut
myTobago Nut

Post by Jo B »

Hello Ron

We stayed in Castara last October and dived from Speyside with Aquamarine, but Stuart Sampson, now Caribstu was managing them at the time. I believe your diving opportunities will be fairly restricted if you rely on being collected from Castara, and would recommend hiring a car. I would also suggest packing 2 or 3 dives into a few days, rather than looking to dive every day, as the drive to Speyside is great, takes about 45min (depending on your driving) through the rain forest, but not recommended to do every day.

We loved Castara and definitely plan to return there in a couple of months. We may dive back with Aquamarine, or we may give Caribstu a go. But it is definitely worth the extra travel to the dive sites to be in Castara.

Have fun

Jo x

We thoroughly enjoyed
Jo B
myTobago Nut
myTobago Nut

Post by Jo B »

PS The snorkelling off Little Bay in Castara is spectacular for days when you don't dive!
Ron Neale

Post by Ron Neale »

Thanks so much to all of you for these replies - this is definitely helping us with our various decisions! :-)

Return to “General Accommodation”