Tobago Hostel

Questions or comments should be posted in the property's own sub-forum, below. Use this sub-forum for general accommodation questions and comment. Please DO NOT post accommodation reports in the forum. Reports should be posted in the property's listing in the Accommodation section of the main site, where you will also be able to include a Satisfaction rating with your report.
Ira

Tobago Hostel

Post by Ira »

Hello everyone!

Is there anyone that can tell me their experiences with Tobago Hostel in Scarborough? I tried to find in on the site, but maybe I have the wrong name...could not find it!

And what would you recommend, staying in Scarborough, Crown Point or Buccoo??

It is hard to decide and I have only 10 days left before arriving in Tobago.. :?

Thanks!

Ira
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hello Ira

Welcome aboard! :lol:

Tobago Hostel? Sorry, I've never heard of it, so can't help.

I would certainly not recommend staying in Scarborough itself. There is virtually no visitor accommodation of any quality in the town itself, because nobody would want to stay there. Crown Point is where all the activity is. Buccoo is very much nicer, but without your own transport you will be very limited in what you can do.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Ira

Post by Ira »

Ok, very quick answer and good to know...I am thinking of going to Candles in the Wind; can i find a supermarket, restaurant and something to do at walking distance? Or do you have a better option? (I am on a tight budget , that's way I mainly interested in dorms)

I have planned a 5day visit to Trinidad before I come to Tobago and just read at a forum that no female should travel alone to Trinidad..Can not imagine it would be that bad, but if it is I might be coming over to Tobago sooner. Is Tobago ok to travel alone?
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hello Ira

There are no main supermarkets in Crown Point but there is a very useful mini-mart at Jimmy's Holiday Resort, just a 5-6 minute walk from Candles - where I believe you can expect a very warm and hospitable reception. Good choice.

It is always tempting providence to advise about safety. All I can say is that I would never even consider walking in Trinidad, but have no serious concerns on Tobago.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago

Return to “General Accommodation”