1st visit - recommendations welcome!

Questions or comments should be posted in the property's own sub-forum, below. Use this sub-forum for general accommodation questions and comment. Please DO NOT post accommodation reports in the forum. Reports should be posted in the property's listing in the Accommodation section of the main site, where you will also be able to include a Satisfaction rating with your report.
Katherine Armstrong

1st visit - recommendations welcome!

Post by Katherine Armstrong »

My husband and I travel to Tobago for 1 week mid June. We had looked at Glouchester place, but it appears to be closed at that time?

We like something comfortable but not too pricey, and enjoy both the beach/snorkelling and hill walking. Don't mind self catering, but had thought B&B might be nice. Also a little concerned about security issues having read some reports about problems with villas etc. but we have travelled widely and do like to stay away from the big resort type hotels.

All suggestions welcome!!
David Watkins
Bude Cool Boy
Bude Cool Boy

Post by David Watkins »

Hi Katherine,how about Seabreeze in Castara.It is on the beach,50meteres from the Boathouse bar restaurant(breakfast lunch and dinner),the reef comes up to the beach so there is easy and safe snorkelling.David
Gill O
myTobago Nut
myTobago Nut

Post by Gill O »

Hi Katherine,

Or the Beach-House. 50 metres the other way from the Boat-House.
Brian Taylor
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by Brian Taylor »

sorry but we are closed, too. alibaba's sea breeze is closed from 23rd of may to 26th of june.... steph goes on holiday and alibaba works his butt of to make the house even nicer ;o)

steph
David Watkins
Bude Cool Boy
Bude Cool Boy

Post by David Watkins »

:cry: :wink: poor Brian :roll:
Brian Taylor
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by Brian Taylor »

but david, you should know how much work is beeing done when a tobagonian works his butt of :lol:
I am sure he is going to enjoy himself just as much as me....I am the one who has to find an internet cafe every day, to keep an eye on the office work... :cry:

steph
David Watkins
Bude Cool Boy
Bude Cool Boy

Post by David Watkins »

Mmm,yes!Usually the elbow and the jaw!!!
Sorry Brian.
David :wink:
Katherine Armstrong

Post by Katherine Armstrong »

We are sorry to be missing out on Alibabas Sea Breeze - sounds like the place to be!

Am contacting a few others to check on availability - Lillibets, Naturalist, Beach House and Sandcastles - any preferences?

Katherine
David Watkins
Bude Cool Boy
Bude Cool Boy

Post by David Watkins »

Beach House(right on the beach)Sandcastles is as you come into the village,Naturalist is on Big Bay beach(it can get quite busy) Angel apartments which is just behind the Boathouse and,and Lillibets which is up the hill behind Angel.
Got it!!! We shall be asking qustions later!! :wink: That is also my order of preference.
David :D
Marc Jones

Post by Marc Jones »

Brian opens the day after his toil for me and my family.

I hereby promise to buy him a cold beer that evening as a reward for all his hard work (and I am sure by the time it's over he'll have practiced enough to finish off in perfect style!).
Brian Taylor
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by Brian Taylor »

in fact, make it another beer for me. I am coming back from my trip JUST FOR YOU on the 27th... :wink:

steph

Return to “General Accommodation”