Staying over night in the Trinidad airport

Questions or comments should be posted in the property's own sub-forum, below. Use this sub-forum for general accommodation questions and comment. Please DO NOT post accommodation reports in the forum. Reports should be posted in the property's listing in the Accommodation section of the main site, where you will also be able to include a Satisfaction rating with your report.
Matt B

Staying over night in the Trinidad airport

Post by Matt B »

Hi everyone, I'm new on this forum, so hello to all! I am going to Tobago with my girlfriend this coming February, and our flight arrives too late to catch the last airbridge flight to Tobago....I was wondering, is it at all feasible to just sleep in the trinidad airport, since we'd like to take the 6am airbridge flight, and you apparently have to be an hour and a half early for check in? We don't mind sleeping on airport benches or chairs, if it's safe, and legal.

Thanks,

Matt
Rachel Crew
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Overnight at Trinidad airport

Post by Rachel Crew »

Hi Matt,

Unfortunately Piarco airport is not like many other international airports where you would at least find plentiful seats and benches to 'bunk down' on for a night - in fact a lot of the seating has been removed recently, I think due to some renovations. It is possible to wait at the airport all night, but it's about the least comfortable place you could stay!

There have been quite a few recommendations for private guesthouses in the forum - maybe check these out? Most of these will be used to shuttling people to the airport for early flights. Another option is the new Holiday Inn Express close to the airport - a little more pricey but about the best of the hotel options, and I believe they also have a shuttle service.
Rachel & Marlon Winter-Roach
CocoMotion - http://www.cocomotion.net
Matt B

Post by Matt B »

Thanks for the reply Rachel, I appreciate the advice. I was just trying to save a bit of money so I'd have more to spend in Tobago :)
Clyde Alleyne
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Clyde Alleyne »

I agree with Rachel. There is practically nowhere to sleep in the airport that is comfortable. The Airport Authority is having the tiles refinished so a lot of the padded chairs seem to have disappeared in recent weeks - and there weren't too many of them in the first place. Some research on the forum posts will give you some options.
Clyde
Matt B

Post by Matt B »

thanks Clyde, will do.

Return to “General Accommodation”