So many villa !

Questions or comments should be posted in the property's own sub-forum, below. Use this sub-forum for general accommodation questions and comment. Please DO NOT post accommodation reports in the forum. Reports should be posted in the property's listing in the Accommodation section of the main site, where you will also be able to include a Satisfaction rating with your report.
Sam H

So many villa !

Post by Sam H »

Post Recreated: Originally posted - 27 September 2002

I have been looking for a villa on the south west of the island for my family of two adults and two young children (aged 3 and 6) plus our two friends. There are just so many villas available and it's difficult to make a choice based on three or four photographs. Can anyone give me an independent view and recommend a villa that will give us privacy, a decent size garden where the children can play, a good size pool and easy access to the beach ? We are looking at something in the region of $300 - $350 night. I would appreicate your ideas. by the way, I think the website is excellent. It's comprehensive and easy to navigate, fast and really well thought out - very impressive ! Thank you.
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Post Recreated: Originally posted - 29 September 2002

Hello Sam.

Thank you for your kind words. Your comments make our efforts worthwhile and encourage us to work even harder in our attempts to provide a useful guide for prospective visitors to Tobago.

Sadly, I must desist from making recommendation to you. Apparently my “overwhelming judgmentality” [sic] and “attempts to make everyone think one way” are jeopardising this forum’s popularity. I must extend my most insincere apologies to those readers who feel this way. Yes, I am judgemental – that’s the very concept of “my”Tobago. Readers who consider personal opinion and ‘judgement’ to be politically incorrect should avoid myTobago and instead refer to the excellent TIDCO site. Far from trying to make everyone think “one way”, I provide this forum with the express aim of soliciting visitor’s judgement and opinion. I’m sorry if my comments are somewhat dominant, but we are a new site and as our readership builds, hopefully others will take over and answer the questions. In the meantime, I feel that courtesy alone dictates that I – or at least someone – should acknowledge every reader’s questions.

Anyway, Sam, sorry for my little rant, but back to your question. When do you intend to visit Tobago? You will obviously have a far larger choice, at the rate quoted, in the low season rather than the high season. I am sure that Niki will dive in within a day or two and make her recommendations (Niki, you should seek immediate medical advice. You are in serious danger of turning into a Tobagoholic and having to join us in the Union of Tobago Nuts [thanks, Phil]).

I haven’t stayed at any villas on Tobago yet. However, next February we shall be spending a week at a villa that fits your criteria – Paradise Found Villa. We are keen to find properties that we can wholeheartedly recommend, so our choice is very highly influenced by positive comment and feedback from correspondents in this forum and to us personally, and by comment and review in other travel and accommodation sites. Although negative reviews make interesting reading (aren’t we humans perverse?) we want to promote Tobago, not drive people away – so we are far more interested in recommending good places rather than listing bad places. So, at the risk of being judgemental, may I recommend that you have a close look at Paradise Found Villa (even if only because the name is so evocative). Wherever you decide, have a brilliant holiday and please, please share your views and opinions with us when your return.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Niki Byrne

Post by Niki Byrne »

Post Recreated: Originally posted - 30 September 2002

Yes, thanks Steve. I am a MyTobago junkie ! I cannot tell you anything to do with the prices, because I am no good at converting dollars into GBP, but we stayed at Sand Pebbles which is on Grafton Beach in June this year. It cost us £1250 a week for the villa. The lady who owns it is fantastic and really helpful. Sand Pebbles is a lovely property and has two twin rooms (the twin beds convert to a double as well), and one double room. All ensuite and lovely decor. The pool is fairly small and there is not really a garden as such. Definately worth the money though. The beach is a 2 minute (at the most) walk away. THere are other villas round here though. Underneath Sand Pebbles is Yellow Bird (this is very nice and had a slightly bigger pool and slightly more garden from what we saw of it). There is one above Sand Pebbles called Hawksbill which also seemed very nice and has a small paddling pool for children as well. Sandpiper is the other one which was very near us and again this seemed nice. If you have any more questions then please feel free to reply and I shall help if I can.

Return to “General Accommodation”