first time Tobago / Caribbean. Help Please!

Questions or comments should be posted in the property's own sub-forum, below. Use this sub-forum for general accommodation questions and comment. Please DO NOT post accommodation reports in the forum. Reports should be posted in the property's listing in the Accommodation section of the main site, where you will also be able to include a Satisfaction rating with your report.
Sue Noble

first time Tobago / Caribbean. Help Please!

Post by Sue Noble »

This is a wonderful site and I am hoping that someone out there (I am sure there will be quite a few) will be able to offer me advice on where the best place to go is in Tobago for me, my husband and 17 year old daughter. Our wants are as follows:-

A small family run complex with a pool offering family cooked food OR good restaurants near by
On the coast with warm calm seas as we are not into surfing
Easy access to snorkling and scuba diving.

We have never been to the caribbean but have heard lots of good reports about Tobago being the perfect island to visit.

We would prefer not to go all inclusive as we would like to sample the local food. However we have been advised to go A/I as the cost of food and drink is expensive but this was advised by a travel agent who may have vested interested in All inclusive holidays posting.php?mode=post&f=7#
:roll:

We are happy to consider a DIY holiday where we book our own flights and arrange accommodation separately. We want to go over Christmas ideally travelling either on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day for 7 nights. Having looked at the cost of flights so far they seem to be in the £720 each range.. does that sound right? we were hoping for something a bit cheaper.

So basically what is the best place to go on the island given our list of needs?

All advice gratefully received.

Sue
David Watkins
Bude Cool Boy
Bude Cool Boy

Re: first time Tobago / Caribbean. Help Please!

Post by David Watkins »

Ali-Baba's Sea Breeze apartments in Castara................no more to be said
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Re: first time Tobago / Caribbean. Help Please!

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Sue

Welcome aboard! :D

Your question is a little difficult to answer because it is too general. What sort of budget do you have, for example. The best thing is to study our accommodation listings and make a short-list of likely places, then come back to the forum for any specific questions.

Good luck with your research.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago

Return to “General Accommodation”