Small hotel/guest house Scarborough

Questions or comments should be posted in the property's own sub-forum, below. Use this sub-forum for general accommodation questions and comment. Please DO NOT post accommodation reports in the forum. Reports should be posted in the property's listing in the Accommodation section of the main site, where you will also be able to include a Satisfaction rating with your report.
Richard Gandy

Small hotel/guest house Scarborough

Post by Richard Gandy »

Can anyone recommend any reasonably priced accomodation in S'bro. I have checked the relevant listings but found v.little.

My Rough Guide did rec.one called the Sseaview Guesthouse, but I cannot find any details on the web.
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Richard

There's very little in Scarborough, I'm afraind. Mainly because Scarborough has, dissapointlingly, little to offer to the average tourist.

The Seaview Guesthouse is a new one to me. However I've found a website that tells a little about it - [Broken link removed]. If it's still in business, we want to list it so I've written to the email address shown on that website. Sadly, the message has bounced right back saying that the users quota has been exceeded. That means that they might not be collecting mail regularly and their mail box has filled up. At least the address was accepted, so chances are they're still in business. I'll try again in a few days and post here if I hear anything.
Last edited by Steve Wooler on Mon May 29, 2006 11:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Glyn Kirpalani
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by Glyn Kirpalani »

Hi Richard

Isn't the Hummingbird Heights (Steve will know the proper name) in Scarborough? I hear it is nice, reasonable etc.

Failing that there is the Mount Marie Holiday Resort, just behind the chinese takeaway in Milford Rd - a/c, cable tv etc but no pool and although new-ish it might not be the homely atmosphere that some international visitors will wish for, seemingly aimed at Trinis coming off the ferry and workers. Don't know the tel no, but it might be on the TIDCO list c/o http://www.visittnt.com (if not here in Steve's listings)

Bacolet is much nicer and you can walk into Scarborough if you wish, or flag a taxi.

Regards
Glyn Kirpalani
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Glyn

You're quite right - http://www.Hummingbird-Heights.com is on the outskirts of Scarborough and would be a very good choice. I think you've summed up the Mount Marie Holiday Resort well and I wouldn't have thought that would be what Richard is looking for.
Last edited by Steve Wooler on Mon May 29, 2006 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

SeaView Guest House is in operation and the proprietor's name is Dion.
It is up Bacolet Road, just one mile from Scarborough before Donkey Cart Hotel.
It is very reasonably priced with eight rooms, each with small kitchenette&washroom with shower) on the water( there are rocks,not suitable for safe swimming). I walked every day to Scarborough where there is public transporation to all of Tobago (example$2.00T.T to the airport) Very inexpensive to buy fresh produce at the market and stores throughout Scarborough to buy whatever. Caio Cafe in Scarborough a favorite Italian expresso cafe of mine. Excellent coffee and pizza.[/quote]
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

Hummingbird Heights is excellent, we stayed there for 2 weeks in May, very reasonable price and he owners make you feel so welcome, they can also hire you one of their jeeps at much lower than the usual rates.

Linda

Return to “General Accommodation”