Problem with booking Castara lodging.

Questions or comments should be posted in the property's own sub-forum, below. Use this sub-forum for general accommodation questions and comment. Please DO NOT post accommodation reports in the forum. Reports should be posted in the property's listing in the Accommodation section of the main site, where you will also be able to include a Satisfaction rating with your report.
Cheryl

Problem with booking Castara lodging.

Post by Cheryl »

Help! I'm not receiving any responses to e-mail inquiries I sent to two different places. I can't book my flights (or any other part of my trip) to Tobago unless I'm able to book a week in Castara first. I'm planning to visit in late March to early April of this year, and there's one place I'd especially like to stay. It's called the Beach House, and I've e-mailed them twice bu there's been no response.

How the heck is one supposed to book in advance if the lodging management doesn't respond to e-mails? Is there a central booking agency on Tobago that I should contact, instead of trying to book directly?
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Cheryl

Sadly, this can be a major problem in Tobago. Many, many establishments are still in the last century with regard to their attitude towards e-commerce, but worse still, the state of the telephone system is horrendous. Lines regular break down and might not be repaired for many months. This affects more remote areas, like Castara, more than the more built-up areas like Crown Point. Frustrating, but this is all part of the charm of Tobago.

I suggest that you contact http://www.yes-tourism.com - they will be able to book accommodation for you.
Last edited by Steve Wooler on Mon May 29, 2006 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Patrick Dankou
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by Patrick Dankou »

Hi Cheryl,
we're working on it. So far we've found out that the contact for beach house is somebody in England. We will get a local phone contact later today and call them.
Please contact us : [email protected]
Patrick Dankou
Yes Tourism - http://www.Yes-Tourism.com
Cheryl

Post by Cheryl »

Thanks so much for the information, guys! I was beginning to think I'd have to vacation elsewhere. Patrick, I'll be contacting your agency shortly.
Jane

BeachHouse in Castara

Post by Jane »

Hi Cheryl
My friends and I are staying at the Beach House and had no trouble contacting them!
Maybe they are not responding because there is no more room.
Anyway this is the email of Carole who we've been communicating with.
Hope it helps! :D
CBrightonrock@ aol.com
Jane
Richard Gandy

E-mails

Post by Richard Gandy »

I have to agree with the main post. The whole attitude to e-mail responese in both Tobago and what I would presume to be more commercial Trinidad, which I am visting for the cricket, is very lax. I have had to send many reminders, and often begin to wonder whether I have offended anyone with my enquiries to give people my business !

As Steve, says, it is probaly a combination of a number of factors, but I am struggling to book a car in Trinidad in particular. I have not yet started with a booking in Tobabgo !
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Richard

Your car in Tobabgo should be no problem if you follow the advice given in our main Car Rental article, available through the Information section of the site (sorry, can't remember the exact URL and late for dinner at the Kariwak with friends)
Steve Wooler
Glyn Kirpalani
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by Glyn Kirpalani »

Hi Richard

Give me a shout if you get stuck booking a car in Port of Spain, or need a place to stay - my Aunt and Uncle take in boarders and include use of one of their cars. I will put you in touch with them by email if you are interested, and will call him to ensure he answers you! (My uncle loves cricket too and might even be going along).

Regards
Glyn
Glyn Kirpalani
Marc Jones

Post by Marc Jones »

Steve Wooler wrote:... late for dinner at the Kariwak with friends)
Pray tell how it was sir!

(and how far it is by car from Rex Turtle! I think I may be heading that way a bit when I get to 'Bago!)
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Marc

The company was excellent (hope you get home safely Rob & Eileen), but the jury is out on the dining. No specific complaint - the setting is great - but the meal simply didn't "do anything" for us. In fairness, we're somewhat dined-out. We've had a week of over-eating, normally pigging out on three cooked meals a day compared to our normal single cooked evening meal. We've cut right back today, having virtually nothing until this evening, and feel a lot better for it. I shall return to the Kariwak before we return to the UK so will hopefully be able to endorse the generally highly postive comment that it generally receives.
Steve Wooler

Return to “General Accommodation”