Guest Report

17-room beachside apartment resort at Canoe Bay (listing)
Troy Whalen

Guest Report

Post by Troy Whalen »

On arrival my wife and I met the manager/owner. We asked to sea the beach before checking in. Regardless if staying at the inn or swimming/seeing the beach you have to pay a fee. The manager told us to leave immediately and that he was done with me. I asked him to let us view the facility before staying and then he told us to leave and that he was done with us. The facility is a few concrete buildings painted orange and a simple bar hut at the entrance. The facility is very unsecured and at the end of a lonely road in a heavy industrial park. The place is messy on first impreciations as well. None of the rooms that would be guest houses appeared to be better than a animal barn. I can only hope to tell you to stay far away from this place. It is a real sxxx hole.
I was only thankful I didn't reserve the place with a credit card. I went five minutes down the street to the Magdalena (Old Hilton Plantation resort) and checked in for 4 nights. This is the second time I stayed at the Magdalena. It has immproved a great amount. Mos things were in great shape. The rooms are clean and the food realy good. It has a long beach that although the water is a bit rough it is like 3 km long and well kept up. White sands and hardly a person using it. On the same note I never go to see the canoe bay as a result of the manager/owner. Beaches cannot be owned in Tobago. So that man a real jerk. I only suspect he is a white and a indian hater, because w are mixed couple. I believe he say us together and his racist mindset came out. His bar was full of black Afro people. You figure the rest out for yourself.

Around Coco reef inn near Peagon point is full of local trouble makers. We went to the beach before the area you have to pay for and truly it much better than the pay beach.

Return to “Canoe Bay Resort”