Guest Report

17-room beachside apartment resort at Canoe Bay (listing)
Mr. And Mrs. Murray

Guest Report

Post by Mr. And Mrs. Murray »

In November 2005, my husband and I spent our honeymoon at Canoe Bay Beach Resort. Our stay was for 3days and 4nights honeymoon package. The resort was set away from the highway so we felt as if we were truly getting away from it all. Although it is absolutely essential to have your own vehicle to get around, for my husband and myself it was the perfect way to spend our honeymoon.......ALONE! The lush natural environment was definitely refreshing to the eyes and spirit with the sounds of the cocrico and other local birds all around.

We were given the honeymoon suite complete with a bottle of Merlot. The staff is very friendly, exuding true Tobagonian charm and hospitality. The owners wished us every great blessing and did all possible to make our stay a memorable one. The resort is a small one that is set on the bay and it was great awakening to the sounds of the surf breaking not too far from our apartment. There were thatch-roof huts along the beach for picnics or just the perfect place to view the most spectacular sunset we have seen yet!! The sea is calm for the most part with slight ripples. It is shallow and very good for those of us who are not too adventurous in the water and for snorkeling as well.

We heartily recommend this resort not only for honeymooners, but also for families with young children who get the opportunity to explore the sea and sand in relative safety.

Words of caution though: come prepared with insect repellant if you plan to spend any time outdoors.

This resort is a self-catering one with apartments being fully self-contained. However, there is a bar and mini-restaurant of sorts which serves good hamburgers and fries and the local sorrel-coconut ice-cream. It was truly a relaxing and revitalizing time for us after hectic months of preparations for our wedding.

Thank you Mr. and Mrs. Williams and God bless you!!!

Return to “Canoe Bay Resort”