Guest Report

17-room beachside apartment resort at Canoe Bay (listing)
John Walsh

Guest Report

Post by John Walsh »

We have stayed as a group in excess of 40 for the last two years. The Canoe Bay location is, I believe one of the best in Tobago.

The service is however one of the worst that I've encountered. The proprietor is not very understanding of guest needs, and this year went too far.

During our holiday we lost water for 1.5 days without apology, were initially banned from the beach and grounds [as a group] as the proprietor had also booked a local wedding party, and similarly on the following day for the Jazz Festival.

In order to preserve our guest rights, we needed to take direct confrontational action which on holiday is not acceptable.

We hope that Mrs James will learn from this experience.
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hello John

What a shame that your visit was spoiled this year. I have to admit that this appears to be an increasing problem at Canoe Bay. Yours is the third complain of this that I know of. Both last year and this year I popped down to the resort to try and take some updated photos and both times found children's parties in full swing. I can appreciate that Mrs James needs to get the place used, but it obviously would be unwise to take business that affects the normal usage of the resort by pre-booked guests.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago

Return to “Canoe Bay Resort”