Guest Report

15 open-plan lodges and apartments on a steep hillside (listing)
Aviance & Steffen

Guest Report

Post by Aviance & Steffen »

My boyfriend and I visited Tobago for the 1st time and we decided to go out to dinner on the Saturday night. The owner of the place where we stayed recommended us to dine at Castara Retreats restaurant owned by a guy named Kenny.
Upon phoning Kenny, I enquired on the cuisine served as well as shuttle services to and from his restaurant. He told me that he does not "normally" offer a shuttle service but instead tries to accommodate newcomers to the island who don't have transport of their own. This was music to my ears as my boyfriend and I didn't have to worry about getting to the restaurant or returning to the apartment in Parlatuvier.
When we got to the restaurant, my boyfriend and I were the only couple to dine at the time and we were greeted by Will who was our waiter for that evening. The ambience of Castara Retreats restaurant was relaxing, wonderfully poetic and the lighting was just right for a romantic dinner with my sweetheart!
We decided to order the steak and potatoes and that meal was divine!! The steak was cooked to perfection and the potatoes were well seasoned and literally melted in your mouth. For dessert, my boyfriend ordered the one-of-a-kind Chocolate Mousse made from the richest chocolate, and I ordered a Rich Chocolate Torte with a side of vanilla ice cream.
Any one who dines at Castara Retreats restaurant would agree that the meals and desserts are prepared with a tantamount of love and care and prepared to perfection.
I would definitely recommend dining at Castara Retreats restaurant wherever you're staying in Tobago!

Thank you Kenny for your grand hospitality, and a special Thank you to our waiter, Will, who made our dining experience exquisite.

Return to “Castara Retreats”