Guest Report

15 open-plan lodges and apartments on a steep hillside (listing)
Max & Angela

Guest Report

Post by Max & Angela »

I'd like to thank everyone involved in Castara Retreats, our stay there in July 2010 was superb. We found the accommodation to be excellent, exactly as we'd hoped it would be and the photos of Coasthanger (whilst very good) really dont do the place justice. The quality of the accommodation, furniture and fixings is to a very high standard, we found everything we needed - from the kitchen to the bedroom. The seating was comfortable and we enjoyed many hours relaxing with the shutters wide open, listening to the waves, bird song and being cooled by the breeze from the sea. I dont think either of us have been so relaxed and chilled for years, I just wish our stay could have been longer. I'm sure the any doctor would prescribe a stay in Castara to remove any stress you might be suffering from!

Porridge and the team on site were fantastic, hitting just the right mix of being there to help and assist us but not being intrusive. I really felt that they would help with anything, from providing us with a new bird feeder (the previous one broken by an attack of fat chickens!) to providing advice and guidance on days out. The accommodation, village and surrounds are beautiful and idyllic, and Porridge and the team really make a difference.

We will definately plan to return at some point in the future - hopefully this time we will be able to spend all our time in Castara. I feel there is a lot more on the island for us to explore.

Return to “Castara Retreats”