Accomodation while working in Tobago

Questions or comments should be posted in the property's own sub-forum, below. Use this sub-forum for general accommodation questions and comment. Please DO NOT post accommodation reports in the forum. Reports should be posted in the property's listing in the Accommodation section of the main site, where you will also be able to include a Satisfaction rating with your report.
Niven

Accomodation while working in Tobago

Post by Niven »

Hello everyone

A very good afternoon. I will possibly be taking up a good opportunity to work in Tobago. I am seeking out a decent accomodation, self catering where I can rent for up to 5-6 months at a reasonable rate . if anyone can be of assistance or have worked in Tobago and able t ofind a decent accomodation suited for 'long term' stay, that be very appreciated.

Regard always
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Re: Accomodation while working in Tobago

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Niven

Welcome aboard! :D

Sad to say, long-term accommodation on Tobago is a major problem and very difficult to find. For reasons that I do not fully understand, most house owners simply aren't interested in long term rentals - or is the real estate agents? Anyway, hopefully somebody can add something more useful here, but from what I'm told, it will be very much a matter of getting there and asking around.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Niven

Re: Accomodation while working in Tobago

Post by Niven »

Thanks Steve.. So I been told! God... .. Everyone wants to nickel and dime you to death on Tobago.. This isnt LA or London so Im not gonna make it a problem.. Sure when I was in UNi, it was costly but this is tobago.. There gotta be somewhere with rental accomdoatiosn for student,s teachers etc and other professioanls who come from overseas or adjacent Trinidad to work there.. .. Why on earth will retnal accom want to charge you the same rate for a few months as they do for someone who is on a short term stay...
As you said, I will have to go and look around and ask...

At least, Im sure there may be someone's home that is converted to apartments to let for individuals who are in Tobago as employees. Tobago is small but quite a few of the hotels like HIlton got staff from outside the island and surely, there have to be reasonable places to stay.....

Return to “General Accommodation”