I can't get any answer from Blue Mango and others

Questions or comments should be posted in the property's own sub-forum, below. Use this sub-forum for general accommodation questions and comment. Please DO NOT post accommodation reports in the forum. Reports should be posted in the property's listing in the Accommodation section of the main site, where you will also be able to include a Satisfaction rating with your report.
Amber

I can't get any answer from Blue Mango and others

Post by Amber »

Hi We are trying to get hold of colin or rebecca who as far as I know still the owners of the blue mango properties in castara. We stayed there last march and are trying to plan a trip back there this march. But they have not answered any of our emails and I wondered if anyone knew if they are still renting their places out in castara? Also, I ahve tried to contact the bungalow at charlottesville lots of times as we were interested to stay there and have still ahd no reply from them either. Any news about any of these properties would be most welcome as we are a bit stuck as wanted v much to stay in those places.
if anyone has any other ideas about places to stay in Charlottesville and Castara we would be interested. We don't want anywhere touristy and would like to be in remote and simple rustic places. We are a family of four so any ideas v welcome and esp. if there is any news of blue mango and the bungalow.
Thanks
Amber
Phil Bondie
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Re: I can't get any answer from Blue Mango and others

Post by Phil Bondie »

Hi Amber, The Bungalow in C-ville was in need of some repairs as of last March. I stay in C-ville Jan., Feb., and March and have not seen it rented during the time I am there for the last 3 years. Any of the other places that are listed here would not be touristy. I personally stay at the Man-o-War Bay cottages. Most people that review them consider them to be really rustic and sometimes lacking in upkeep. We have been staying there for many years and love the place. If I go before my cottage is ready I stay in the Love Shack. You can rent the whole house or just the downstairs or upstairs. The people who own it have 2 kids and when they are there stay in the downstairs. There is a big International game fishing tournement that I beleive is March 19,20, 21 in C-ville so alot of the places may be booked. Look at the list of places to stay on My Tobago and I will give you my opinion and answer any questions you may have. I wiil be in C-ville from Dec.29th on and can check places out for you. Phil
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Amber

Yes, Colin and Rebecca are/were the owners of Blue Mango. To be honest, I don't know the latest stiuation because, like you, we have great difficulty getting information from them. Over recent years Colin has sold off some/all the cottages. I know that the cottage previously called Cliff Hanger, which overlooks the bay, was bought by an American gentleman who demolished the old building (hardly surprising - all were in bad condition) and is currently just completing a lovely open wooden house there comprising of two apartments. That property will be finished with the next few weeks. I am in contact with the new owner at the moment and preparing to list the property. If you are interested, contact me at steve @myTobago.info (ignore the anti-spam space after before the @) and I'll gladly put you in touch with the owner. As regards other property at Blue Mango, I'm afraid I have no information.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Amber

Post by Amber »

Dear Steve and Phil,
Thanks so much for your replies. I am now ready to get on with booking our trip so would love to get in touch with the new owners of the previous blue mango cottage. And Phil thanks for the info about charlottesville...will be back in touch after I have done some more research!
Thanks again,
Amber
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Amber

I believe that the first guests are actually in the new property as I type. The property is now listed on our site. It is called SeaScape and occupies a stunning position on the cliff edge overlooking Castara Bay, on the ridge that divides Big Bay and Little (Heavenly) Bay in Castara. You can find the listing for SeaScape through our accommodation pages or directly at www.mytobago.info/accommodation2a/486/seascape.htm
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago

Return to “General Accommodation”