Shorethings Cafe

Your questions and comment on restaurants and dining out
Donna Baylis
Tobago Guru
Tobago Guru

Shorethings Cafe

Post by Donna Baylis »

Steve, a BIG thank you for recommending this wonderful place. We would certainly not have stumbled across it by ourselves. The funny thing was that our taxi driver had never heard of it, I showed him on the map and told him it was in Lambeau. After consulting with his friend he insisted we needed to head towards Crown point , I may not be an expert on driving on the island but we have explored quite a bit on the several occasions we have visited Tobago and as we were staying at Turtle beach I was sure we were not heading in the right direction. Being the friendly gentleman he was he told me not to worry, we would find it, we soon realised he was thinking of the Backyard Cafe. We had an extended journey with a lovely man and some beautiful scenery and then arrived to spend a relaxed afternoon in a great location. Everything we had was very tasty, the desserts are a must, we had a different dessert each and our two girls insisted on me buying a cookery book to recreate the four desserts we had ( hope they realise our back garden is not quite as picturesque!) The shop was very useful for gifts to bring home both for friends and ourselves. The three ladies who looked after us were so very friendly and made us feel like we had come to lunch in their home (not uncommon in Tobago I know). To top it all Richie, our taxi driver, was ecstatic that he now knew where it was if anybody asked him again.
Thanks again Steve.

Donna
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Re: Shorethings Cafe

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Donna

Thank you. I'm delighted you enjoyed Shore Things.

There are times when I hate mentioning/recommending places. Shore Things is a place in question. We used to love always rolling in at any time and always getting a table. Now, it is essential to book ahead of time if you want a table during the main lunchtime period. We hate planning and often simply can't, so that really screwed us up this year. Having said that, it was a delight to see that service and quality were just as good as ever and prices haven't been ramped up - like many other places on Tobago.

So, well done Shore Things!
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Paul Makin
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Paul Makin »

always good - one of the few places we take friends/family when they visit

paul
Andy D
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Andy D »

Having been to Shore things plenty of times now,twice just last week,i have to a agree that it's a fabulous place to eat,with excellent food at very reasonable prices.Definately one of THE places to go on a visit to the island.
Rob Le Pair
myTobago Groupie
myTobago Groupie

Post by Rob Le Pair »

We have been a dozen times in Shorethings Cafe, always with very good experiences. Even the capuccino is quite good, but the main reason for our repeating visits is: fruit punch, rum punch even at 11 am., the cakes, especially Chocolate, Chocolate, Chocolate. You don't expect it to be a place for bird watching, but it is! Several times we saw humming birds, lots of Bananaquits and even the beautiful Blue Tanager. There is a web page dedicated especially to Shorethings Cafe: http://web.me.com/roblepair/tobago/Bananaquits.html
Attachments
The Blue Tanager: nice company during lunch at Shorethings ...
The Blue Tanager: nice company during lunch at Shorethings ...
shore_things_blue_tanager.jpg (80.86 KiB) Viewed 10305 times
Last edited by Rob Le Pair on Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OliverSmart

Post by OliverSmart »

I had the Chicken Crepe last week for lunch, it was lovely:)
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Oliver

Don't remind me - you're making my mouth water.

The Chicken Crepe has become by far my favourite dish at Shore Things. I have tried and enjoyed most of the dishes, but confess that the crepes win hands down as a light lunchtime meal. Yummie! =D>
Steve Wooler
Brian Taylor
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by Brian Taylor »

and then a "chocolate-chocolate-cake" ha-ha!
Stephanie & Brian "Alibaba" Taylor
Alibaba-Tours - http://www.Alibaba-Tours.com
Simon Harris

Post by Simon Harris »

We weren't aware of Shore Things before going to Tobago, but it was recommended to us by our taxi driver. What a find! Great place, delightful setting, lovely food and a nice shop attached as well. Would definitely recommend this place.
Hugh S
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Post by Hugh S »

We had a delicious lunch at Shore Things on Tuesday. Tried as many items as we could, all fantastic. Can't wait to return.

They are closed for a week beginning yesterday (Wednesday).

Hugh 8)
Roel le Pair
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by Roel le Pair »

Shore Things Dinner
Now Shore Things also serve dinners, Wednesdays to Saturdays, we were happy to kick off this additional service May 2nd 2009. Quality is excellent, like their lunches.
Also Dinners at Shore Things
Also Dinners at Shore Things
ShoreThings- dinner.jpg (110.85 KiB) Viewed 9233 times
Roel le Pair
Sherwood Park Apartments
www.sherwood-park.com

My photos: http://gallery.mac.com/roellepair
Andy K
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Post by Andy K »

Opening hours ???

I have been there recently (Sept 25th and 26th) and found the place closed on Friday after 6pm and Saturday after 4pm.
I will try again this coming weekend and sincerely hope to taste, at last, Chicken Crepe and Chocolate Cake [-o<
and find out what happens to the extended opening hours for dinner.
To be updated soon ...
Roel le Pair
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by Roel le Pair »

Hi Andy,
I can only confirm that during beginning of August the usual opening hours were there including 3 or 4 evenings dinner being served. Ofcourse I'm very interested in developments, so keep us updated. (wish I could do the check myself every month :( ) I can imagine they close for evening when no dinner orders would have arrived until let's say 3:00 in the afternoon.

Anyway rum punch after 16:00 hours is too late anyway . . .

kind regards, Roel
Attachments
Rum Things @ Shore Things
Rum Things @ Shore Things
Rum Things-01.jpg (112.68 KiB) Viewed 8954 times
Roel le Pair
Sherwood Park Apartments
www.sherwood-park.com

My photos: http://gallery.mac.com/roellepair
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Andy

As shown in our Restaurant listings, Shore Things is "Open Monday to Friday, 10am-6pm and 8am-4pm Saturday". Hopefully this is correct because I updated that after owner Giselle contacted me just a couple of weeks ago.

The dinners mentioned by Roel were just a 'one off' experiment and were actually prepared by someone else, not Giselle's team. It ran for a few months and they are currently in discussion as to whether they will do it again during this coming high season.
Steve Wooler
Andy K
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Post by Andy K »

Steve, Roel,

thanks for this info. Yes i think the normal opening hours are still the same.
I only need to adjust my schedules to suit and start drinking earlier, as Roel suggested ;-)

Cheers,

Andy
Jan A
myTobago Rookie
myTobago Rookie

Post by Jan A »

One of my favourite places to unwind and have some quality desserts while enjoying the fabulous view. Just visited Shorethings this afternoon and can report that it was great as usual.

Return to “Restaurants, Food & Drink”