Want to learn more about Tobago

Questions or comments should be posted in the property's own sub-forum, below. Use this sub-forum for general accommodation questions and comment. Please DO NOT post accommodation reports in the forum. Reports should be posted in the property's listing in the Accommodation section of the main site, where you will also be able to include a Satisfaction rating with your report.
Mark Mancia

Want to learn more about Tobago

Post by Mark Mancia »

This is a great site for researching Tobago!
Last edited by Mark Mancia on Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
L.A. Mcdonald
Tobago Guru
Tobago Guru

Re: Looking for specific suggestion from someone with experience

Post by L.A. Mcdonald »

Hi Mark,
I'm not sure if you are open to staying in a guest accomodation instead of a hotel, but if you are, there is nowhere I would recommend more than the Beach house in Castara. I have stayed in three different places only but the Beach house was heaven in my opinion. At least check it out here on this site, and decide then. The village is wonderful as are the people.
Have a great vacation.
Lori
Lisa Keith
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by Lisa Keith »

Hi Mike,

The first one that springs to mind is Grange Cottage, but I'm not sure on their prices, as I know it sleeps more than two people... so I'm not sure how it works out per head. Aside from that, it meets ALL your requirements... and then some. Again, not sure on price, but another option would be The Seahorse.

There are a fair few places, and this website is a good place to start looking. There are definitely others, but these two I've been to personally and am fairly sure you wouldn't be unhappy with either!

Lisa.
Clyde Alleyne
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Clyde Alleyne »

Mark, with your budget, you won't get a high-grade hotel that meets your needs. Have a look at Johnston Apartments, which is a cluster of apartments located right at Store Bay, one of the most popular beaches and in the centre of the popular Crown point area. Most of the apartments look out onto the sea. Here's the website www.johnstonapartments.com. But I must caution you that the apartments are very popular during the July/August school vacation period, so if an apartments are available, booking right away is a must.
Good Luck.
Clyde
David Watkins
Bude Cool Boy
Bude Cool Boy

Post by David Watkins »

Mark,give Ali-Baba's Sea breeze at Castara a try.It is right on the beach and the rate is about US$80 pppnight,self catering.There is a bar/restaurant 50 yds away and the bay is beautiful and quiet
David.
Paul Tallet
Weather Guru

Post by Paul Tallet »

Agree with Ali Baba ... it's on beach looking over a nice coral reef and nice views and nice quiet beach (Heavenly Bay).

Agree with Castara Retreats but it is not on the beach ... it is up the hill with marvellous views of the beach ... very nice place though.

Agree with Beach House too ... that is on the beach in Heavenly Bay, Castara.

But also ... think about the Blue Marlin Suite at Naturalist, Castara ... it's almost IN the sea :shock: ... it is a bit exposed to the elements but it is as close to getting wet as you can be.

Many options ...

Regards
Paul Tallet
Public Relations Consultant for Mother Nature

Return to “General Accommodation”