Sandy Point Beach Cafe

Your questions and comment on restaurants and dining out
Sharon Keeler
myTobago Nut
myTobago Nut

Sandy Point Beach Cafe

Post by Sharon Keeler »

Steve, can you please add the Sandy Point Beach Cafe to the list of restaurants? We went there several times during our recent stay and the food is exceptional and at good value and the setting on the ocean is fantastic. We ate breakfast and several dinners here -- from pancakes and flying fish and fry bake, to BBQ ribs, fish and lobster -- and all were great. As you probably know it is located at the Sandy Point Beach Club but all are welcome.
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Re: Sandy Point Beach Cafe

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Sharon

Good idea - hadn't spotted that it wasn't listed. I've written to them asking for a few details and will add it as soon as I get a reply.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Andy D
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Andy D »

Steve,

Where abouts is Sandy Point as I intend to pay a visit when i'm in Tobago next week.

Andy
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Andy

Load our satellite map of Tobago and then zoom in on the area immediately above the extreme left (landing) end of the Crown Point International airport runway. You will see the purple marker for Sandy Point Mini Mart (hotel/accommodation markers are switched off by default, to avoid confusing readers with too many markers - switch them on from the option boxes beneath the map). The Sandy Point Beach Club restaurant is left of the main complex, on the beach front, hidden within the trees. They haven't replied yet, but as soon as they do, I'll add a marker.

Do NOT confuse with the marker for the Steak & Lobster Bar. That is next door at the Sandy Point Village - which is not somewhere you are likely to want to visit.
Steve Wooler
Andy D
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Andy D »

Great! Thanks for the info Steve,will check it out.
Paul Makin
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Paul Makin »

easy to find as if you go too far you'll end up at the NP depot and will need to come back. head for the crown point hotel from the airport area, keep going past tropikist and head up to the airport perimeter fence. sharp right at the fence and the sandy point complex is the last development on the right before the road dips down to the seafront and carries on to the depot. the right turn is actually at the fence and not the feeder road by james' resort and mini-mart - this road will take you to the sandy point village which is not what you're after

once on the compound just ask for the beach bar. there are two routes but i'd recommend going down the stairs by the big banyan tree and through the open air bar rather than using the (very) steep path that serves the cafe itself. the bar and cafe are just a few paces apart along the beach walkway

from the airport is maybe ten minutes on foot and literally a couple of minutes by car. if arriving at night the car park will have the barriers down as part of the security provision but the gatepost is manned (usually - sometimes the guards go walkabout, just lift the bar and drive in if so)

regards
paul
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

Having mentioned that I would add a listing and marker as soon as I heard back from the Sandy Point Beach Club (SPBC), I thought I ought to do an update. I am in touch with management at SPBC and didn't want people to think they aren't replying. They tell me that they sub-contract the running of the cafe and whilst they are delighted that visitors are enjoying it, they just feel that they would like to iron out a few kinks in the operation before going fully public, to avoid any risk of dissapointment. So, I will naturally honour their wishes and not provide a full listing in our Restaurants section until they feel it approriate.
Steve Wooler

Return to “Restaurants, Food & Drink”