Bamboo Mile - excellent!

Your questions and comment on restaurants and dining out
Pupuce
Tobago Guru
Tobago Guru

Bamboo Mile - excellent!

Post by Pupuce »

We've been here in Tobago for one week now and started to lose hope on eating well. Last night we finally decided to check out Bamboo Mile which is only about 200 meters away from the villa we rent. What a place!!! The owners are the friendliest people we've met here so far, the ambiance is really relaxed and they play good music (brazilian lounge etc. and not dancehall or rap...). The only negative thing is the price level...We payed the same what we would pay back home in France (but without the aperitifs and the coffee). The food was really good (the best burger I've ever eaten) and they have a lot of choice.

I guess you just have to get used to the fact that eating out is expensive here (compared to for instance some Asian countries).
Pupuce
Tobago Guru
Tobago Guru

Re: Bamboo Mile - excellent!

Post by Pupuce »

And the reason why we had burgers is that we didn't have a lot of cash with us and sadly forgot our Visa card at home...Tomorrow we'll return there to try some of their specialities.

Another place that has excellent service, good food and is nice to your wallet, is Kia's Garden (Garden Café). Today leaving the beach we stopped by to see their menu and although they were closed the owner made us some late breakfast (really late since it was past 12). The lady who owns the place is extremely nice and serves you with a huge smile on her face. :D
Andy K
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Re: Bamboo Mile - excellent!

Post by Andy K »

During a recent visit i had a rather sobering experience at Bamboo Mile.

Disappointed that i couldn't get my beloved baby back ribs, i took pork chop, which was recommended
to me by the waiter. When i think about pork chop, i think about a particular cut of meat.
What i got was a pan-seared slice of pork LEG, of which i could only eat half because the cooking method applied
left the balance hard and inedible.
To complete the disaster, instead of the ordered mixed vegetable i was served coleslaw... which i had anyway because
i was hungry.
Next time i will definitely call before and make sure, they have my baby back ribs. No experiments again :mrgreen:

Return to “Restaurants, Food & Drink”