Grafton Beach

108 room 3*+ All-Inclusive resort at Stone Haven Bay (listing)
Mike M

Grafton Beach

Post by Mike M »

Firstly want to say thanks for all the tips and advice on what has been a great discovery for our research for our holiday next week. Can anyone give me an update on the Grafton, we are only going for a week and thanks to this site have managed to prebook Neptunes and sorted out our sightseeing itinerary, but my girlfriend still has reservations with the hotel compared to say the Corlan next door. So any more info would be gratefully appreciated!
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Mike

The Grafton Beach Resort and Le Grand Courlan are under the same ownership and both are managed by the same local Executive Director, but each hotel has its own General Manager, chef and general staff. There is a cross-over of staff and resources at maintenance level and both hotels share certain resources, like the Beach Bar. The two hotels are adjacent to each other, but guests cannot simply wander from one hotel to the other. To all intents and purposes, they are two different hotels.

The Grafton is a star grade lower than Le Grand Courlan. The Grafton is also larger - 102 rooms to LGC's 70. The LGC is more up-market and attracts an older age group. Le Grand does not accept children, so this makes a difference to the ambience of the hotel.

We spent three nights at the Grafton and four at Le Grand back in February. I shall continue work on our reviews this weekend and am just sorry that they won’t be published before you leave. I can summarise the reviews by telling you that we were pleasantly surprised by both hotels. They have gone through very troubled times in recent years - which they may, or may not, have deserved – but have had a very major shake-up. They have new management and new attitudes. We thought the Grafton undoubtedly represents an excellent example of that category of AI hotel. I am sure you will enjoy it and have a wonderful holiday based there.

It is too late to change, with only a week to go, so my advice would be to relax and look forward to the holiday. We can all go on with “I wish …” sentiments, but you’ll be going back to Tobago in the future, so check out LGC while you are there and then you will have somewhere to look forward to in the future if it seems more your type of hotel than the Grafton.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Mike M

Post by Mike M »

Thanks for that Steve, we are really looking forward to it, and it seems like ages since we booked it and now its nearly upon us. Your site and help have been invaluable in terms of your descriptions and ideas for sightseeing / things to do etc. so keep up the excellent work.

Return to “Grafton Beach Resort”