2004 reviews?

47 room apartment timeshare resort located at Sandy Point (listing)
T Heie

2004 reviews?

Post by T Heie »

anyone have a bit of insight/reflection/bad poetry on Sandy Point Beach Club from 2004? :wink:
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

I confess that I haven't heard any reports so far this year.

I enjoyed a brief tour of the Sandy Point Beach Club with the very charming manager, John Martyr, back in February this year. I was quite impressed, to be honest. It seemed a happy, well-run place and I can understand why it gets so much positive comment. The only negative side is the close proximity and confusion with the Sandy Point Village, which is another type of operation altogether.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
SJKeeler

Post by SJKeeler »

We stayed at Sandy Point Beach Club three times, most recently this past March. Loved it so much we bought a time share last year! We love the place. What makes it so special is the exceptional staff. They go out of their way to make sure you have a great stay. Here's some more details: On Saturday morning there is an orientation session (with free breakfast) where you will learn all about the resort and the activities that are offered throughout the week. We've done several of the tours -- hiking in the rainforest and snorkling in speyside -- and they were fantastic. There are shuttles to two beaches, Store Bay (atlhough you can walk) and Mt. Irvine (great snorkling). They also have a van to Sunday School and I recommend it highly! Other activities include a shopping trip with the very wonderful Elvira. The resort has a small restaurant with good homestyle food. Say hi to Ann and Usha for me. The pool is small, but nice, and there are several hot tubs for your enjoyment. The beach bar is a fun place to hang out, especially on Wednesday night, which was calypso night when we went. The units are nice (though not in a Hilton or Mariott kind-of-way) and have everything you'll need, and housekeeping keeps them very clean. There is also a small grocery on site that offers an amazing variety of stuff (and Penny Savers, the major grocery, is not far.) The resort is not what most people would consider 5 star -- there are no cabana boys or flashy nightclubs, and the onsite beach is not great for swimming -- although it has the most exceptional sunsets! What it offers is a comfortable, fun, convenient vacation spot where you will feel more like guests than tourists.
T Heie

Post by T Heie »

very thorough report, indeed. thanks very much.
Nikos

September 2004

Post by Nikos »

We stayed at a timeshare in the Sandy Point Beach Club for a week, in mid-September. The place was half-full, and quiet, which means not many people attended the activities. The amenities are very good, and well-kept, and the outdoors hot tubs are a welcome extra. The on-site super market is small, but sells everything you might need (except alcohol). The beach in front of the hotel is not that good for swimming, but Store Bay Beach is within walking distance. :D
We had some problems with the behaviour of the staff and the general philosophy of the Club. We hardly saw any smiles in the 7 days we spent there. Not in the reception, not by the housekeeping staff, not at the bar. Sometimes we felt like our presense was a burden. :x Housekeeping started banging at the door at 8.15-8.30 each morning, which was way too early for someone in vacation (no "do not disturb" sign was available). And if we were late leaving the room, there was no housekeeping at all. The reception also called our room early in the morning for ridiculous reasons, i.e. because they wanted us to remove a swimming trunk from a chair outside, and place it in the rack. Or, because they were looking for the housekeeping lady and they were calling rooms in order to find her. Another day they starting cutting a tree right outside our room first thing in the morning. You can imagine the noise. :evil:
Then there's their money-making policy. We were charged for using the safe in our room. We were charged for making phone calls even though we used pre-paid cards. And so on. We felt robbed upon check-out. It's all in their booklet, of course. But this doesn't make it less proposterous. The studio was quite spacious, but there was absolutely no privacy between the two beds; no sliding door, nothing. :roll:
We also spent a week at the small, family-style Ocean Point hotel near Lambeau, and we had a much better time there, although the facilities were limited. The smiles made all the difference.

Return to “Sandy Point Beach Club”