Stayed for a week March 04

Friendly small apartment house in Charlotteville (listing)
Louise H

Stayed for a week March 04

Post by Louise H »

Hi,

My boyfriend and I stayed at Top River Pearl in March of this year for a week.

I fell in love with Charlottesville when we were in Tobago in June last year and we decided rather than doing a package holiday we would go inderpendently.

Rainer the owner was very quick in his response to emails when we were making intial enquiries.

We stayed in one of the studio apartments. Although it was basic it was clean and adequate. to be honest we would not of wanted to do any cooking as it was so cheap to eat out in the village.

Although the Cafe shuts for the evening, by prior arrangement they will do dinner for you and this is a must. We had a three course meal of local dishes and it was fabulous. by the end of it neither of us could move.

My boyfriend was worried about the noise from the cockerels as he's a light sleeper but to be honest there didn;t seem to be any near the apartment so we both slept well at night.

The views from the apartment were wonderful, right across the bay. The best sight for me though, was first thing in the morning sat on the balcony watching the local children go to school.

We both really enjoyed our week here. We felt that by staying in this part of the island you got a real feel for the laid back life on the island. I would definatly stay at Top River Pearl again.

A must to try is the juice bar on the road through the rain forest. It's a wooden stall on the side of the road not far in on the road from the atlantic side. The guy who owns it will mix you a fabulous fruit juice of whatever is in season. It is one definatly not to be missed.
David Watkins
Bude Cool Boy
Bude Cool Boy

Post by David Watkins »

Louise H,thanks for the report,I shall be staying there Jan/Feb 05 for 2weeks so it is great to hear that there is some good food about.Although going self catering, I am a chef and want to do as little cooking as I can get away with!!
Regards,David(112 days to go)

Return to “Top River Pearl”