Don't worry!

70 room 4* All-Inclusive resort at Stonehaven Bay (listing)
S. Dawson

Don't worry!

Post by S. Dawson »

Having just returned from a stay at Le Grand Courlan, I have to say we are still enjoying the memory of Tobago in general and the hotel in particular. We had been concerned after reading earlier reviews, but having spent two weeks there, we are so glad we went ahead. No hotel anywhere in our experience is perfect, but the tremendous good humour and helpfulness of most of the staff, the delightful situation above a glorious beach and – an unexpected bonus – 5 minutes walk from a lovely nature reserve, the generally excellent food, and a comfortable, good-sized room, made this a holiday we should be glad to repeat. Where improvements could be made (more loungers and umbrellas, for instance), we know from talking to the hotel management that these are being planned already. This hotel had the feel of being in Tobago, not a plastic bland international chain where one really could be staying anywhere - to us and many other guests we spoke to, a distinct advantage!
Our anticipation of our holiday was spoiled by the very negative reviews we had read. I hope others will look forward to their stay without worrying!
Simone Eade

Good Hotel

Post by Simone Eade »

I only spent 1 rather unexpected night at Le Grand Courlan as a result of the Excel flight delay, but thought I'd post my view on the hotel. After 2 weeks self catering it was quite a luxury to be in such a well fitted hotel. The reception staff were extremely helpful and made us feel very welcome. The view from the main restaurant and breakfast room is stunning as Stone Haven Bay is a wonderful beach. The complimentary use of their kayaks was an added bonus. Although the bathrooms were not as opulent as the rooms, the good a/c and queen sized beds were a bonus.

Personally I'm not a hotel lover as on the downside I felt like the hotel could have been anywhere as after 2 weeks at Crown Point in amidst the sights, sounds and smells of Tobago I found Stone Haven very quiet. However I can appreciate that this is what some people want from a holiday and each to their own.

The entertainment was great too, the first limbo dancing we'd seen which could have been cheesy but in fact was incredible - those dancers are natural athletes!

Return to “Le Grand Courlan Resort & Spa”