Ideas from BWI fans

38 room 3* beachside hotel in Batteaux Bay at Speyside (listing)
Annabelle Oconnell

Ideas from BWI fans

Post by Annabelle Oconnell »

Hello everyone,

Long time no post from me, but I have been keeping in touch with this great website.
Needless to say it's looking like another holiday in Tobago this year! Last year was my first time on that gorgeous island, and I really did fall in love.

My partner and I stayed at the Blue Waters Inn last time, and are looking to go again for one week, but maybe move to another location for the second. This is where I need some help: I loved BWI because of the location, the proximity of the rooms to the sea, and snorkelling right off the beach (essential). Is there another hotel that would cater to these needs elsewhere on the island that anyone can recommend - hotels or appartments for two? 8)
In the meantime I will keep researching given all the info is here, but I thought it would be interesting to hear from people who also loved staying at BWI and maybe experienced another great place.

Cheers all!
Annabelle
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Annabelle

Welcome back. I'm delighted to hear you're planning another trip.

Yes, I know exactly what you mean and are looking for. Sadly, the location and features of the BWI are pretty unique. Within hotels, the only direct alternative is possibly the Arnos Vale Hotel - but standards are pretty variable there and prices high.

I suspect, from you post, that beachside is pretty important to you. However, if you love the 'nature' aspect of Tobago, don't dismiss the Cuffie River Nature Resort. That was one of the big surprises (and pleasures) of our last trip. Our review will hopefully be published by the end of the month. The nearest decent beach (Castara) is half an hour away, but the hotel has a pool and it's a magical place.

Failing these, you probably need to consider smaller guesthouses. The rooms at the Seahorse Inn at Grafton, or the Polo Bar at Buccoo, spring to mind.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Joanne Green
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Joanne Green »

How about the Naturalist Beach Resort in Castara? It's right on the beach, much cheaper than BWI & has a decent reef with easy swimming distance. Check out Paul Tallet's latest review on both the guesthouse & the area. I also did some posts after we returned in February.

Regards,
Joanne Green
Annabelle Oconnell

Cheers

Post by Annabelle Oconnell »

Thanks ever so much for your suggestions... As you say BWI is hard to beat for the things I am looking for. I will check out the others in depth, and hopefully get it all booked soon 8)

Return to “Blue Waters Inn”