Grafton Beach Resort - April 2005

108 room 3*+ All-Inclusive resort at Stone Haven Bay (listing)
Malcolm P

Grafton Beach Resort - April 2005

Post by Malcolm P »

Spent 24 hours at this hotel in early April...the reason the stay was so short was the disappointment at the quality of the room and the very average food. Had an ocean view room in the row nearest the beach. The bathroom was out of US circa 1985 with bits missing and the room in general was tired and lacking in facilities - there was no hotel/island services information of any kind (not even phone numbers!). The bed was lumpy and the A/C very noisy. But, the view was beautiful and it's on a great beach. I transferred to the Coco Reef where I was much happier despite the limited beach. The staff were in a different league - friendly and interested versus bored and sullen (on the whole).

The Grafton may be good value but you may get a surprise if you are expecting a luxury hotel. :(
Anthony P

Post by Anthony P »

What you are really saying is that YOU screwed up. You didn’t do your homework. The sort of person who can afford the 4-5* Coco Reef would probably slag off EVERY 3* budget hotel. It’s very unfair of you to criticise the Grafton for your own mistake. 24 hours. Give me a break! Fine, pal, you made a mistake. We all do it from time to time. But at least be fair. We can read you loud and clear.
Tracey Harrison

Grafton Beach

Post by Tracey Harrison »

Is it really necessary for Anthony P to be so rude!? Surely this forum is about people reporting what they find and not having to write what is dictated to them?

Unfortunately, the holiday brochures DO NOT sell the Grafton Beach to be the basic hotel it is. It may well be much cheaper than the Coco Reef, but the package price one can expect to pay for a couple can still run into thousands of pounds. Plus, accommodation in Europe tends to be a higher standard but there is nothing to suggest that Caribbean accommodation is less - until you get there that is.

I first visited Tobago and the Grafton in November 2003 and was also very surprised at the low standard of the rooms - especially considering the advertised 'refurbishment'. It did not spoil my own holiday as I was hardly in my room but I still came away with the view it is a very basic establishment with a very basic standard of food.

Publicity materials build expectation and it is time acknowledgement was given to this - how can you blame someone for being disappointed at what they find after having such expectation created?

People on this forum seem to get very precious about Tobago - chill out. It is a wonderful island but lets not forget it is part of the whole of a quite beautiful planet. No one 'owns' this island so perhaps views could be expressed without individuals taking them as a personal attack.
Alan Cb

Grafton Beach

Post by Alan Cb »

Well said Tracey. That needed saying.

Return to “Grafton Beach Resort”