Rex Turtle Beach

125 room budget all-inclusive hotel at Great Courland Bay (listing)
Jacqui B

Rex Turtle Beach

Post by Jacqui B »

Can anyone please advise me on the type/cost of food that is available at the Turtle beach, particularly breakfast and lunch? We intend to hire a car for at least a week of our two week stay, but from reading various posts it appears that there is not much within walking distance of the hotel for the 'non car' week!
Also are there any laundry facilities in the hotel? Many thanks in anticipation.

Jacqui

ps. like the new forum style, I'm a complete planning freak when it comes to holidays so this suits me down to the ground!!
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Jacqui

Have your read Ian’s full review of the Rex Turtle Beach? ( http://mytobago.info/forum2/viewtopic.php?t=199 ) It’s the most exhaustive report I’ve ever seen of this hotel and may give you some clues.

I suspect that the only visitors that eat at the Rex Turtle are those there on an All Inclusive basis. I don’t mean that in an offensive way to the hotel, it’s just that paying on a meal-by-meal basis at any hotel tends to be a very expensive option. You’d be far better off altering your booking so that you are on AI on the “non-car” week.

There are NO restaurants, cafes or shops within reasonable walking distance of the hotel that I can think of.

I’m sure the hotel must offer laundry facilities. Why not email them ( [email protected] ) – you can also ask about the price of meals if you decide not to go on a plan.

I’m delighted that you approve of the new forum. I know it seems complex at first, but the more you use it, the more you will like it. Guaranteed – or your money back!
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
John Hill

Post by John Hill »

Hi Jacqui
I have just returned from Turtle Beach was it you who wanted the meal prices well Breakfast Full English 85TT$ Dinner Buffet 185TT$ Steak 8oz with Veg 130TT$ there are two cafe's in Black Rock that you could walk to along the Road or Beach about 15 mins walk. Under the Mango Tree is very good but closed till mid July owner home in Germany. Drinks at Turtle were around 13TT$ for a beer. We were AI and got a very good deal the food was very good as were the Hic Drinks.

Return to “Starfish Tobago”